Leopard Gecko Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Gecko Feeding Questions

3 posters

Go down

New Gecko Feeding Questions Empty New Gecko Feeding Questions

Post by cr1chard Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:28 pm

I just picked up a baby leopard gecko (maybe 4" nose to tail) at a reptile show on kind of an impulse. I'm curious about the proper feeding schedule for my new guy (or girl). I left some phoenix worms in the food dish overnight, but they have gone untouched. My plan is to rotate phoenix worms, mealworms, and dubias (which I raise). My guess is that we're dealing with a little relocation stress, and that he'll eat soon enough. I'm just used to my ravenous bearded dragon, and wanted to know if there are better times to offer food (I don't mind leaving the worms in the dish, but in the case of dubias, I don't want them running around the cage stressing him out any more).

cr1chard

Status Status : No status yet...
LGF Points LGF Points : 5

Back to top Go down

New Gecko Feeding Questions Empty Re: New Gecko Feeding Questions

Post by wolfbane468 Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:39 am

my gecko took 5 days to eat properly or even at all and he likes it more with the routine of at 8 at night i feed him 5 worms handle him for 5 mins then leave 5 in his bowl which he eats straight after they seem to dig routine so whenever hes happy he will let u know when he is ready be fed

wolfbane468
wolfbane468
Loyal Member

Status Status : XBOX gamertag wolfbane468
LGF Points LGF Points : 473

Back to top Go down

Post by Kermit Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:52 am

My leo likely would have eaten his first day here but I waited until day 3 to feed by hand and he readily accepted food. some leos can take a few days to 2 weeks to a month before they settle in. A lot depends on how well your husbandry is, how well you're meeting his physical needs thru humidity and temps, and lighting, and how much you're pestering him while he is trying to settle into his new environment.
Kermit
Kermit
Forum Staff

Forum Staff

Status Status : Local Housing Authority :)
LGF Points LGF Points : 3307

http://www.RollOverRover.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down