Leopard Gecko Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help feeding a thin juvenile leopard gecko?

3 posters

Go down

Help feeding a thin juvenile leopard gecko? Empty Help feeding a thin juvenile leopard gecko?

Post by LoveLiveLaugh Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:36 am

I recently rescued a five month old leopard gecko who is extremely thin. I was wondering what type of feeding schedule I should put him on to help him get back to normal size, as well as what types of insects I should feed him. Thanks in advance.

LoveLiveLaugh

Status Status : No status yet...
LGF Points LGF Points : 71

Back to top Go down

Help feeding a thin juvenile leopard gecko? Empty Re: Help feeding a thin juvenile leopard gecko?

Post by Kodieh Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:24 am

In my signature there is a thread named Slurry Recipe for the Long Term Hunger Strike with a recipe for a liquid diet that should help some.

I imagine that the little guy/gal will be regurg anything solid like crickets or worms, so Id go with the slurry recipe.
Kodieh
Kodieh
Forum Staff

Forum Staff

Status Status : College is hard. :(
LGF Points LGF Points : 1943

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1659492989

Back to top Go down

Help feeding a thin juvenile leopard gecko? Empty Re: Help feeding a thin juvenile leopard gecko?

Post by Kermit Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:33 pm

I would offer both slurry and solid food but don't let him gorge. Feed small regular meals or you risk refeeding syndrom (please google this its important to know about when dealing wth emaciated animals). Feed foods higher in fats at first like butterworms, then add in the higher protein foods like superworms and mealies. There's a feeder nutritional values chart in the feeders sticky. The best thing for your leo is a rotation of feeders for the first month before settling on a staple food. Don't try to put on weight fast. It took a while to come off, itl take a while to put it back onn. Keep calcium available in the viv at all times and dust with a good multivit like repashy calcium plus icb or t rex brand complete leopard gecko dust icb by sandfire foods every feeding.
Kermit
Kermit
Forum Staff

Forum Staff

Status Status : Local Housing Authority :)
LGF Points LGF Points : 3307

http://www.RollOverRover.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down