Leopard Gecko Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weird thing in my adult crested's eye?

2 posters

Go down

Weird thing in my adult crested's eye? Empty Weird thing in my adult crested's eye?

Post by Karagain Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:57 am

I have noticed this brown thing in my crestie's eye? I tried to remove it with a damp cotton bud but with no advail?

any ideas?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

the other eye is fine...............

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Karagain
Karagain
Forum Staff

Status Status : Finally got a day off :)
LGF Points LGF Points : 1246

Back to top Go down

Weird thing in my adult crested's eye? Empty Re: Weird thing in my adult crested's eye?

Post by Kermit Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:28 am

It looks like a piece of dry shed or a wood chip. do you have plain saline solution like what is used for contacts lense? You can flush the eye out with that a few times a day till it comes out. If its a chip it should come out straight away... if its shed you may need to go thru the whole how to remove shed process... soak with a damp cloth, hydrate with the saline solution and rub VERY gently with a cotton bud until it dislodges... no more than 10 minutes trying at a time and be VERY careful not to scratch their cornea. You can see it is obviously sitting ON the eye so I don't think it's a dalmatian spot.

Good luck... let us know how it goes.
Kermit
Kermit
Forum Staff

Forum Staff

Status Status : Local Housing Authority :)
LGF Points LGF Points : 3307

http://www.RollOverRover.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Weird thing in my adult crested's eye? Empty Re: Weird thing in my adult crested's eye?

Post by Karagain Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:42 pm

Unfortunately I don't think my contact lense fluid is saline! I think is a mild bleach!! I have just changed from newspaper to bark chips as I couldnt keep any humidity!

I will deffo pick up some saline solution whilst in town today! Hopefully it should be ok! Cheers for the advice Smile
Karagain
Karagain
Forum Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Kermit Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:54 am

You're welcome Becca... yeah it has to be the plain saline solution... not the kind that has any type of cleaners in it... usually comes in a HUGE bottle... pretty cheap too so... if you're worried that it is the bark chips then maybe you could set up humidity stations... tupperware dishes with moss in them that you mist daily but with out the risk of chips in the eyes...
Kermit
Kermit
Forum Staff

Forum Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Karagain Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:05 am

I just check it this morning and it has gone! I reckon she must of gotten it off when she was shedding Smile such a relief because nothing I tried seemed to shift the brown thing!!

Phew Smile
Karagain
Karagain
Forum Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Kermit Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:23 am

Yay for being gone. Id still get the saline just to have on hand like a herp first aide kit thing Smile
Kermit
Kermit
Forum Staff

Forum Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Karagain Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:49 am

Yup, I got some saline solution when i got a new piercing last week Smile so its handy to have around
Karagain
Karagain
Forum Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down