Leopard Gecko Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weird position?

3 posters

Go down

Weird position? Empty Weird position?

Post by Body Thief Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:24 pm

Sorry, I didn't know quite where to put this topic.

I saw someone else with a similar post but I can't find it now.

So, earlier I was putting new paper towels in Claudia's cage, no big deal, she explored it like always. When she went back in her hide i touched her tail and she, which I do often. Usually she kind of skitters forward, she probably doesn't like it lol, but this time she started whipping it slowly. So, I could tell she was irritated.

I left and went to petsmart and bought a hammock which I then put in her cage. I didn't notice how she was laying in her hide at that moment but just a few minutes ago I looked in on her and she's laying down in her front end with her but raised up in the air like a cat, with her eyes kinda squinting. Now at the moment she is asleep in this position.

Some of you will probably remember my question about tail whipping behavior yesterday. So, I am ASSUMING that now that she's settled in after having her for a few weeks, she's brave enough to show her "hey this is my zone" stance?

OR

Is it possible that she can smell my new male in the room, even though they can't see each other and are about 6 ft apart?

The first incidence of tail whipping was before I brought him home, but I was thinking she may have saw herself in my mirror(I still need to cover that square up, i'll do it right now)

Body Thief
Body Thief
Loyal Member

Status Status : I <3 Claudia!!
LGF Points LGF Points : 842

Back to top Go down

Weird position? Empty Re: Weird position?

Post by Mystic Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:39 am

haha my charm did the same thing to me when i was trying to pet her, at first it seemed like she was liking it like a cat but then i found out she was doing it as a defensive mode. i think yours is being silly and trying to say don't touch me right now and probably fell asleep while sitting like that lol im not sure if she could smell the male or not, but i think she is mostly just being in a "don't touch me" mood.
Mystic
Mystic
Loyal Member

Status Status : Taming my leo
LGF Points LGF Points : 1105

http://mysticgaia.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Body Thief Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:47 am

Haha yeah, I think she may have been a little upset with me because earlier when I was cleaning her cage she fell off of my shirt onto my bed, she barrel rolled on the way down and landed on her feet but I would imagine that was pretty traumatic for her and I'm sure she thought I did it on purpose. Haha I was so worried she may have hurt herself but my bed is squishy and it wasn't a far fall
Body Thief
Body Thief
Loyal Member

Status Status : I <3 Claudia!!
LGF Points LGF Points : 842

Back to top Go down

Post by Mystic Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:34 am

lol XD poor girl, leos definitely aren't very acrobatic that's for sure haha, i bet that is what made her angry, oh well hopefully she will get over it soon and remember that she WILL fall if she doesn't be careful lol
Mystic
Mystic
Loyal Member

Status Status : Taming my leo
LGF Points LGF Points : 1105

http://mysticgaia.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by rickmoss95 Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:44 pm

lol, one of the coolest things about leos, just silly posturing and antics...they do it all the time! i love em....
rickmoss95
rickmoss95
Valuable Member
Valuable Member

LGF Points LGF Points : 1245

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down