Leopard Gecko Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zoo Med Lizard Ladder Review

2 posters

Go down

Zoo Med Lizard Ladder Review Empty Zoo Med Lizard Ladder Review

Post by kathstew Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:36 am

Zoo Med Lizard Ladder Review

Zoo Med Lizard Ladder Review Zoo_me11

The Zoo Med Lizard Ladder is a triangular mesh net with three section cups (one in each corner) used to attach the ladder to the tank walls. The ladder is (recommended by the company) to be used in conjunction with with the Zoo Med Repti-Hammock (review written by Kodie seen here).

I purchased the Lizard Ladder on sale for $7.99 at a local reptile shop. Usually I see this for sale within Ontario for a minimum of $10.99 to around $14.99, which I find overpriced. I bought it for my bearded dragon (dwarf), to help her climb up to her basking spot, as she has a little difficulty climbing occasionally because she has a missing foot. She absolutely loves her ladder!

The mesh the ladder is made of is a sturdy, strong material. It can support a good amount of weight, and shows no signs of caving or ripping under her weight any time soon. I'll admit I was hesitant about suction cups being used to support a lizard's weight, but the suction cups have proven to be extremely strong; they have not unstuck from the tank walls since I've attached them. The ladder also appears to have a strong durability against fraying, despite her nails constantly clawing and hanging off of it. The mesh used to make the ladder is thick but not too thick that my bearded dragon can't grip the ladder. The mesh is also slightly padded, so it doesn't dig into the fleshy parts of her feet.

The ladder is also completely water-proof, so it can be thoroughly scrubbed or thrown in the dishwater if and when it gets dirty.

I only found two inconveniences with the Lizard Ladder. One problem, was the "one size fits all" factor; I would have appreciated being able to buy several different sizes, as the current ladder I have is a bit small for its purpose and tank (40 gallons). The other inconvenience I found with the Lizard Ladder was the inability to choose colors. If you are trying to follow a tank theme it can be difficult to incorporate a green ladder into the theme. By having the ladder available in a few different colors would open up more options when decorating.

All in all I was very impressed with the Zoo Med Lizard Ladder, and would definitely recommend it for any reptiles that enjoy climbing!

Over all score: 8 out of 10

BY kathstew
kathstew
kathstew
Review Staff

Status Status : First eggs have been laid!
LGF Points LGF Points : 3101

Back to top Go down

Zoo Med Lizard Ladder Review Empty Re: Zoo Med Lizard Ladder Review

Post by wolfbane468 Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:32 pm

cool thanks would be cool see a pic of it in situ so can really see how it looks and works but thanks for the tip
wolfbane468
wolfbane468
Loyal Member

Status Status : XBOX gamertag wolfbane468
LGF Points LGF Points : 473

Back to top Go down