Leopard Gecko Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Satanic Leaf tail geckos?

Go down

Satanic Leaf tail geckos? Empty Satanic Leaf tail geckos?

Post by kathstew Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:37 am

Well, Jolene has got me hooked on the leaf tail geckos. lol
She brought her new friend over for me to see last night and I'm in love. :P
I've found a store that is selling satanic leaf tail geckos, and I'm trying to get more information on them, but I'm not getting a lot.
Does anyone know anything about these guys?
I've been reading so many mixed things about them. Some people say they are handable, easy to care for etc. Others are saying they are extremely fragile, difficult to care for etc.
I'd rather them be handable (don't think thats a word lol). I like reptiles you can actually hold etc.
So far I know about basic husbandry such as tank size, substrate, what they eat etc, but not much about temperment, and again the handling thing.
It appears to me the thing that is making them difficult for people is they need high humidity at all times. Like 80%-100% all day every day, otherwise they die VERY easily. I obviously wouldn't want mine to die, and they are extremely expensive to boot. But I don't mind misting several times a day, I do that with my cresties and tree frog already.
So, any help is really appreciated, thanks!
kathstew
kathstew
Review Staff

Status Status : First eggs have been laid!
LGF Points LGF Points : 3101

Back to top Go down