Leopard Gecko Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

bulge south of vent at base of tail

4 posters

Go down

bulge south of vent at base of tail Empty bulge south of vent at base of tail

Post by whozit Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:49 pm

bulge south of vent at base of tail Bulge10

Hello all. I have a male leopard gecko about 5 years old. He has not been bred for a couple years now.

Trouble is a bulge at the base of his tail, just below the vent. I have read at other forums from people soaking in a sugar/water bath and then gently squeezing out material while using a q-tip. I have tried this, but after applying pressure, it looks like it will burst through the skin.

The little guy looks like he is in a lot of pain, and may pass away if I cannot fix it. Problem is I live in Japan, and there are no vets in the area that will tailor to reptiles. Anyone have any ideas/suggestions/advice? I'm desperate here. thank you!
Attachments
bulge south of vent at base of tail Attachment
bulge.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(304 Kb) Downloaded 0 times

whozit

Status Status : No status yet...
LGF Points LGF Points : 11

Back to top Go down

bulge south of vent at base of tail Empty Re: bulge south of vent at base of tail

Post by Mystic Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:27 pm

are you sure there aren't any in japan? possibly they just aren't close to you. you could try asking a local zoo and see what they have to say i know they would have to have vets they take their reptiles.
Mystic
Mystic
Loyal Member

Status Status : Taming my leo
LGF Points LGF Points : 1105

http://mysticgaia.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

bulge south of vent at base of tail Empty Re: bulge south of vent at base of tail

Post by whozit Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:20 pm

are you sure there aren't any in japan? possibly they just aren't close
to you. you could try asking a local zoo and see what they have to say i
know they would have to have vets they take their reptiles.

Yeah, I've done searches and asked the local vets. I can only find websites for vets in, say, Tokyo or Nagoya, but it would cost me $400-500 round trip. Reptiles aren't really that common here... at most, people have Red-ear sliders or maybe an exotic small turtle, but that's about it.

I didn't think about asking at the local zoos. That's worth a try. The nearest one is about an hour away, so I'll have to plan. I may end up having to send him to a vet across the country. The good thing is shipping overnight here is like $10. It'll be added stress, I'm sure, but it may be my only option. I'll check the zoo, first.

Thanks!

whozit

Status Status : No status yet...
LGF Points LGF Points : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by Mystic Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:55 pm

im glad i could help in any way, that sucks big time that they don't have many out there im sorry Sad that would drive me crazy.
hopefully you can either find a vet threw the zoo or be able to get the little guy help from some one far away by sending him. you are doing your best and that is what really matters, i know no matter what happens that your leo will always know you tried your hardest to help.
Mystic
Mystic
Loyal Member

Status Status : Taming my leo
LGF Points LGF Points : 1105

http://mysticgaia.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by smsararas2 Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:40 pm

I wish I has some better news for you but that Leo really needs a vet, in my opinion. It looks like it could be a minor prolapse or it could be an infection. The only suggestion that I can make is to soak him in warm water for about 20 minutes at a time and hopefully that will settle things down for him.

Sorry I don't have any other suggestions.
smsararas2
smsararas2
Forum Staff

Status Status : Just found out Fly is worth 6-800 dollars....oh my
LGF Points LGF Points : 1470

http://smsararas2.webnode.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by samsleopardgeckos Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:59 pm

could poss been a pene plug as can see a little sticking out of vent(bum) but could be a abcess either way you need to see a vet just to be safe
samsleopardgeckos
samsleopardgeckos
Forum Staff

Status Status : Trying to tame the Iggy-Pop :)
LGF Points LGF Points : 2764

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down