Leopard Gecko Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

repost from my intro thread! unhealthy weight leo

+11
xXGeckoGalXx
Mardy
mrs looney
Kodieh
Jordan
smsararas2
gothicgurrrl
Karagain
joneill
Kermit
paulmhoward
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

repost from my intro thread! unhealthy weight leo  - Page 2 Empty Re: repost from my intro thread! unhealthy weight leo

Post by Kodieh Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:24 pm

You're already a great keeper. thumbs up
Kodieh
Kodieh
Forum Staff

Forum Staff

Status Status : College is hard. :(
LGF Points LGF Points : 1943

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1659492989

Back to top Go down

repost from my intro thread! unhealthy weight leo  - Page 2 Empty Re: repost from my intro thread! unhealthy weight leo

Post by paulmhoward Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:38 pm

Thanks Kodieh!
paulmhoward
paulmhoward

Status Status : New leos! Yessssss
LGF Points LGF Points : 118

http://www.paulmhoward.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:53 pm

If you buy all these animals from Petco... your adding to their income and turnover allowing them to keep stocking the bad animals.
Best thing we can do is support the smaller shops, which really care for there animals and need our custom more.
Jordan
Jordan
Forum Staff

Status Status : The review team rocks!
LGF Points LGF Points : 1923

http://supermorphleos.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggie118 Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:23 am

That's true too, Jordan. But you feel bad for those animals. I'm still debating where I'll get a snake from.
Maggie118
Maggie118

Status Status : Odie is a girl! HER new name is Athena (:
LGF Points LGF Points : 349

Back to top Go down

Post by paulmhoward Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:39 pm

I agree with Jordan about supporting the small shops. Unfortunately, there is no longer a small pet shop near me. There was, but they went out of business. :/ Petco and Petsmart are my only options...well and Walmart, sorta. lol
paulmhoward
paulmhoward

Back to top Go down

Post by paulmhoward Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:14 pm

So good news so far. My gecko is definitly less stressed out now. I havent had a cricket in his tank at all in nearly two weeks. He is out and about around his tank pretty often, climbing on the coconut shell hides and stuff. He even has spent time in his moist hide. he has been in there at least once a day the last 3-4 days.

I have seen him at his calcium dish, and at his water dish. Yesterday he was sitting in the mealworm dish too. Im not sure if he ate any, there are a few less in the bowl from the other day, but i see pieces of shell around the dish and a few little shell chunks around his tank. SO either he is eating them slowly, or the mealworms are eating each other lol which i suppose is possible.

He still doesnt open his eyes from what i see, he might open them while im asleep. But just his increased activity has encouraged me. we will be taking a trip to the vet very soon, and i have high hope so far. this little gecko is a survivor for sure!

here is a silly photo i took of him tonight. i came home and found him sleeping, on top of his hot hide... stretched out resting his bottom jaw on a thermometer. lol I was pretty impressed. Its almost like leopard gecko style planking.

repost from my intro thread! unhealthy weight leo  - Page 2 Sleepl10
paulmhoward
paulmhoward

Back to top Go down

Post by paulmhoward Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:05 pm

Well bad news folks. things took a turn for the worse tonight. i came back tonight and it seems like my little gecko is almost dead. at first he wasnt moving, picked him up and he didnt react at all. seemed lifeless. i misted him a bit with water and put a heat lamp near him. and he moved a little. but he seems to be on his way out. i dont know if he will make it through the night... Sad
paulmhoward
paulmhoward

Back to top Go down

Post by legacy Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:46 pm

I am so sorry for your loss. Seems to me you did everything you could have done. Please do not let that discourage you from gecko's. Good luck in the future. So sorry.

Patrick~
legacy
legacy

Status Status : just trying to make some orange lizards!!
LGF Points LGF Points : 90

Back to top Go down

Post by smsararas2 Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:12 pm

I am so sorry to hear that Paul, you did the best you could. Please when you feel up to it use the memorial section further down the page. I am sorry for your loss Sad
smsararas2
smsararas2
Forum Staff

Status Status : Just found out Fly is worth 6-800 dollars....oh my
LGF Points LGF Points : 1470

http://smsararas2.webnode.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by samsleopardgeckos Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:14 am

sorry to hear that Paul Sad x

he looks so cute in the pic x
samsleopardgeckos
samsleopardgeckos
Forum Staff

Status Status : Trying to tame the Iggy-Pop :)
LGF Points LGF Points : 2764

Back to top Go down

Post by Kermit Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:19 am

Aw so sad... Sorry Paul... RIP lil one...

When you're ready, please make sure you bleach everything that was in that enclosure including the tank itself... whatever can't be bleached, throw away. This way everything is sanatized and ready for you when you find (and we know you will Wink ) a new leo buddy.

Sending good vibes your way
Kermit
Kermit
Forum Staff

Forum Staff

Status Status : Local Housing Authority :)
LGF Points LGF Points : 3307

http://www.RollOverRover.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CharliesReptiles Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:14 am

Maggie118 wrote:Most of the reptiles I saw today were shedding and I'm not sure if all of them need like a moist box but they didn't have any. And they all only have like one hide for 5-10 of them.

I'm thinking about getting a snake, and even though I'd rather get it from a breeder I might just get it from petco because like I said I'd like to save it from a life of misery being mistreated because of them and people who almost always give their buyers bad information.

Sorry to say it, but I had the same problem with Siamese fighting fish at local store. I soon released the more i buy in rubbish condition the longer they are going to stock them and treat them like they did. The same goes for petco with their reptiles. If you buy a snake leo what ever from them in rubbish condition. they will only stock more and treat them the same way.
CharliesReptiles
CharliesReptiles
Loyal Member

Status Status : Crestie coming tonight :) x
LGF Points LGF Points : 1439

http://www.charliesreptiles.tk

Back to top Go down

Post by CharliesReptiles Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:18 am

paulmhoward wrote:Well bad news folks. things took a turn for the worse tonight. i came back tonight and it seems like my little gecko is almost dead. at first he wasnt moving, picked him up and he didnt react at all. seemed lifeless. i misted him a bit with water and put a heat lamp near him. and he moved a little. but he seems to be on his way out. i dont know if he will make it through the night... Sad

Im sorry to hear about the near loss or that the gecko has infact passed away. Usually when they get to the stage yours was in they pass very quickly. They dont have the energy or hydration they should and their body goes into shut down. I would deffo talk to the pet shop and have a talk with someone that might be able to help. Their local council will supply their pet shop licence so sending a inspector round might do them some good!
CharliesReptiles
CharliesReptiles
Loyal Member

Status Status : Crestie coming tonight :) x
LGF Points LGF Points : 1439

http://www.charliesreptiles.tk

Back to top Go down

Post by Kodieh Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:37 am

It's actually not all stores of PetCo that are like, I've been in some where people actually cared before.

My little girl Nix came from a PetSmart, because she was so big in this little tank. (She was inbetween the juvie-subadult stages) So, we bought her, her and toothless are both from PetSmart and PetCo respectively and I've almost got two perfectly health full adult leo's. And ones a Blizzard/Patternless. Wink

I am sorry for your loss, you did above and beyond the call of duty for this little guy. I hope it doesn't shy you from leo's; if it doesn't please do a thorough cleaning of all things in the cage with bleach to make sure that nothing is left behind to infect a possible new leo.
Kodieh
Kodieh
Forum Staff

Forum Staff

Status Status : College is hard. :(
LGF Points LGF Points : 1943

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1659492989

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2