Leopard Gecko Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weight?

2 posters

Go down

Weight? Empty Weight?

Post by Body Thief Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:41 pm

My new leo, Claudia, whom I got from a local petstore 2 days ago, weighs 35g. Now, they told me she wasn't an adult but didn't tell me how old she is and I forgot to ask because I was so excited. I wouldn't trust a petstore's word anyways. She's about 6 inches long, with her regenerated tail, which is pretty fat! I would think if she was unhealthy she wouldn't have such a fat tail. So, i'm assuming she only weighs 35g because she is young? Or, at least that is what I am hoping. She ate 1 cricket and 10 mealies yesterday, she has pooped twice since I've had her(3 days), both looked normal. Her forearms appear to be slightly weak, which I am assuming is because she spent months in a tiny tub with only enough room for her coconut and water dish and I highly doubt they gut-load or dust their feeders at the petstore. She does climb pretty good though, so I think after a few weeks of being fed the proper diet she'll be good to go.

Her eyes are bright and she is very curious though.

She has two moist hides, One for the cool side one for the hot side, 3 regular hides, paper towels for substrate.

Her hot side is at 95 and she loves it. I have UTH.

If she was young what age do you think she would be, weighing only 35g?

I expect that if she is in fact an adult, she will put on weight quick after being with me since I'll be gut-loading her food and giving her all the proper nutrition and housing etc.

I am also going to cut out crickets after reading about the higher risk of them carrying parasites.

I am also going to take a poo sample to my vet Smile

Weight? IMAG0385-1-1

Last edited by Body Thief on Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add picture)
Body Thief
Body Thief
Loyal Member

Status Status : I <3 Claudia!!
LGF Points LGF Points : 842

Back to top Go down

Weight? Empty Re: Weight?

Post by asianpersuasion Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:00 pm

She definitely looks healthy and 35g is a good weight so nothing to be worried about there but as for her age thats hard to tell really but im guessing she is sub-adult close to a year old if not a bit older possibly but like i said thats just a guess. Really the only way you would be able to properly tell her age is knowing when she was hatched that i know of.
asianpersuasion
asianpersuasion
Loyal Member

LGF Points LGF Points : 1060

http://www.wix.com/asianpersuasion529/nocoleopardgeckos

Back to top Go down