Leopard Gecko Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New tank...skeptical..pic heavy

+5
gothicgurrrl
Karagain
joneill
samsleopardgeckos
Tsuhei
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

New tank...skeptical..pic heavy - Page 2 Empty Re: New tank...skeptical..pic heavy

Post by Kermit Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:20 am

You DO NOT need a calcium dish in the viv if you are using an all in 1 suppliment like you are. Adding a dish to it could lead to too much calcium which could lead to calcium bubbles or worse, psudogout because the leo isn't ingesting enough D3 to absorb all that calcium they are taking in. Unless the leo you're getting is a hatchling or under 4 months old you do not need THAT much calcium.

I would make sure that your thermostat head is taped down so that it stays where you need it, and that statue of kokopelli also needs to be secure (which Im sure it is).

The tank looks great by the way. Young leos like it smaller as it is less wide open and intimidating. You can always put the food dish outside his favorite hide so he can't miss it, but he'll explore when youre not looking esp. if he smells food in the area.
Kermit
Kermit
Forum Staff

Forum Staff

Status Status : Local Housing Authority :)
LGF Points LGF Points : 3307

http://www.RollOverRover.webs.com

Back to top Go down

New tank...skeptical..pic heavy - Page 2 Empty Re: New tank...skeptical..pic heavy

Post by Tsuhei Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:10 am

No calcium dish got it. Very Happy Changed the setup...I was still nervous so I grabbed some new things...more hides...a little more space...

New tank...skeptical..pic heavy - Page 2 Imag0548m
New tank...skeptical..pic heavy - Page 2 Imag0549n

Just got the little guy so I'll be posting pics on the picture part of forum soon. Very Happy
Tsuhei
Tsuhei
Review Staff

Status Status : His name is Typhon!!
LGF Points LGF Points : 1733

Back to top Go down

Post by kathstew Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:14 am

Hahaha, again
IT LOOKS GREAT! Very Happy
Just make sure that coconut hut isn't too high up or he/she won't be able to climb up there! Wink
Love the gray tunnel/dish thing on the right. Let me know if your guy/girl likes it, I just saw one today and was thinking about getting it. :P
kathstew
kathstew
Review Staff

Status Status : First eggs have been laid!
LGF Points LGF Points : 3101

Back to top Go down

Post by Tsuhei Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:21 am

kathstew wrote:Hahaha, again
IT LOOKS GREAT! Very Happy
Just make sure that coconut hut isn't too high up or he/she won't be able to climb up there! Wink
Love the gray tunnel/dish thing on the right. Let me know if your guy/girl likes it, I just saw one today and was thinking about getting it. :P

Haha he's actually inside of the coconut hut right now. Very Happy I'll let you know how this guy likes the cool side hide...It looks pretty neat so I hope he likes it!
Tsuhei
Tsuhei
Review Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by kathstew Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:24 am

Awesome! I'm glad he can get up there! Couldn't tell from the pic how high up it was, so thought I'd mention it. : Glad he likes it!
My baby girl loves her coconut hut as well! Addicted to it! :P
kathstew
kathstew
Review Staff

Status Status : First eggs have been laid!
LGF Points LGF Points : 3101

Back to top Go down

Post by Tsuhei Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:30 am

kathstew wrote:Awesome! I'm glad he can get up there! Couldn't tell from the pic how high up it was, so thought I'd mention it. : Glad he likes it!
My baby girl loves her coconut hut as well! Addicted to it! :P

He's checking out the cool side hide now! Very Happy I'll keep you updated if he likes it enough to sleep in it.
Tsuhei
Tsuhei
Review Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by smsararas2 Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:50 am

Perfect, I knew s/he would love it:)
smsararas2
smsararas2
Forum Staff

Status Status : Just found out Fly is worth 6-800 dollars....oh my
LGF Points LGF Points : 1470

http://smsararas2.webnode.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kodieh Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:03 pm

Sounds like everything is under way!
Kodieh
Kodieh
Forum Staff

Forum Staff

Status Status : College is hard. :(
LGF Points LGF Points : 1943

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1659492989

Back to top Go down

Post by joneill Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:29 pm

Really love the new setup! Sure your little guy will think he lives on an estate. Lol. Also love the grey hide on cool side with water dish on top. Kinda like a house with a pool on the roof! Wicked!
joneill
joneill
Loyal Member

Status Status : Loving my panther cham - he is the cutest & smallest lizard I have ever seen!
LGF Points LGF Points : 1256

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2