Leopard Gecko Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

update

2 posters

Go down

update Empty update

Post by wolfbane468 Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:46 pm

just an update on cleo she seems to have lost a little weight the last few days when she wasnt eating but she is now eating mealies fed by myself and going crazy chasing crickets i think i was offering to much to often and she lost interest in it . but i can now open the lid take out her main hide where she sleeps and she has assosiated this with food time as she instantly prowls to which i give 3 mealies and drop in a cricket for her to chase later but i can now put my hand right under her front legs with no sreaching or scaredness and shee will happily after a second of licking and checking climb over my hand and carry on prowling her viv, i am so happy with the way things are going its taken a longer time than i thought but she is now not scared of me everytime and assosiates our nightly hide removal and feeding together and seems happy to entertain me, she even ignores my hand when i put it in and comes to the front to check me out then carries on prowling .

im over joyed i know soon if i take it slow she will be an amazing gecko and we will be handling properly so i can join these pic compos

thanks for all ur support and help ppl

oh and as soon as i can lift her out of her viv im replacinf her calci sand but dont want scare her back to stage one right now
wolfbane468
wolfbane468
Loyal Member

Status Status : XBOX gamertag wolfbane468
LGF Points LGF Points : 473

Back to top Go down

update Empty Re: update

Post by Kermit Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:03 am

Taking her sand out is the greater good than worrying about scaring her back to square 1 esp. Now that she's stalking prey she's eating sand with every bug. Now that you've established a pattern that she recognises with moving her hide = eating that's going to help keep things on track. I don't think removing the sand is gonna put you back to square 1 at all.
Kermit
Kermit
Forum Staff

Forum Staff

Status Status : Local Housing Authority :)
LGF Points LGF Points : 3307

http://www.RollOverRover.webs.com

Back to top Go down

update Empty Re: update

Post by wolfbane468 Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:25 am

no i am getting at taking her out while i do the switch and back in
wolfbane468
wolfbane468
Loyal Member

Status Status : XBOX gamertag wolfbane468
LGF Points LGF Points : 473

Back to top Go down