Leopard Gecko Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

eye problems

2 posters

Go down

eye problems Empty eye problems

Post by pacmanandbug Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:58 pm

my leopard gecko, who is 3 has recently had some shedding issues, so i took him to the pet store and they sorted it out. it has been about a week and now he has developed some sort of growth on both eyes. i dont know if its related to the shedding problems and pet store visit, but i mentioned it anyways incase there is a relation. he is able to open both eyes, but the white stuff is over the centre of his eyes so he doesnt seem to be able to see and this means he is not eating. i just noticed these growths today and so they must be recent. i tried to pull them off but i couldnt get a hold of it and he pulled away from me. it looks like moist skin and it sticks out slightly from his eyes. should i try saline and tweezers to get it off or go back to the pet store to get them to look at it?

pacmanandbug

Status Status : No status yet...
LGF Points LGF Points : 5

Back to top Go down

eye problems Empty Re: eye problems

Post by Kermit Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:59 pm

No tweezers! If thats what the pet shop did they likely scratched his cornea and now our had formed A corneal ulceration. He needs a vet most likely, but you can try flushing with the saline alone. That can't hurt it any worse that what it is now. if you could post a pic that would help. Please keep us updated.
Kermit
Kermit
Forum Staff

Forum Staff

Status Status : Local Housing Authority :)
LGF Points LGF Points : 3307

http://www.RollOverRover.webs.com

Back to top Go down