Leopard Gecko Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sight problems?

3 posters

Go down

Sight problems? Empty Sight problems?

Post by Me&Joey Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:19 pm

Do leopard geckos generally have good eye sight because my little fella can't see his food unless we put it right under his nose. Even when he is hunting for food he constantly misses. Was just wondering if their sight just isn't very good or if joey (my lizard) just has poor eye sight. Very Happy

Me&Joey

LGF Points LGF Points : 118

Back to top Go down

Sight problems? Empty Re: Sight problems?

Post by joneill Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:38 pm

Is Joey an albino by any chance cos I have an albino leo that is exactly as you have described?
joneill
joneill
Loyal Member

Status Status : Loving my panther cham - he is the cutest & smallest lizard I have ever seen!
LGF Points LGF Points : 1256

Back to top Go down

Post by Me&Joey Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:02 pm

The pet show I bought him from said that he wasn't but it would be good to know if he was. once he is less scared of the camera I will upload pics. But for now I will describe him. He has some yellow, lavender, White and some blue around his eyes not sure if the description would help but would like to know if he was albino Smile. It makes me so sad when he can't catch his food because if he can't catch it he goes into one of his hides and sulks for about 10 mins he is such a sore loser bless him Very Happy

Me&Joey

Back to top Go down

Post by Me&Joey Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:28 am

Shop* sorry just realised I wrote show instead "/

Me&Joey

Back to top Go down

Post by kathstew Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:36 am

Try looking on here and seeing if you can find one similar to your leo (but post a picture later to confirm): http://www.paulsagereptiles.com/LeopardGenetics.htm

I find my Miracle has trouble catching her food if she is sleepy. Do you play with Joey before you feed him? I found allowing her to wake up for a bit, by holding her and letting her roam around the living room helps her accuracy in catching food. Whether that is all leos or just my lazy girl, I don't know. Smile

As well, can Joey see the food moving when its further away from him? Leos usually only like to eat live food, which means they need to be moving pretty obviously.
kathstew
kathstew
Review Staff

Status Status : First eggs have been laid!
LGF Points LGF Points : 3101

Back to top Go down

Post by Me&Joey Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:54 am

Yeah he is usually fully awake when I feed him, and no when food is far away not matter how much it is moving he usually can't see it Sad

Me&Joey

Back to top Go down

Post by Me&Joey Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:56 am

No* instead of not sorry really mixing my words up today :s

Me&Joey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down