Leopard Gecko Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Severe Enigma

3 posters

Go down

Severe Enigma Empty Severe Enigma

Post by smsararas2 Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:17 am

Hello Ladies and Gents. Yes, even us mods have questions....lol. I have dealt with minor Enigma Syndrome and know the basics but I have recently adopted a leo with SEVERE symptoms. Of course I will never breed her and I know all this, I am looking for people who have personal experience in dealing with severe Enigma syndrome. She walks in circles, all the time. The only way that she eats is if I follow her in her circles with the worm in the tongs. Then she will stop and strike, usually falling over. I can get her to eat if I keep chasing her around. So, is there any suggestion to lessen her symptoms or to help her be more comfortable. Thanks.
smsararas2
smsararas2
Forum Staff

Status Status : Just found out Fly is worth 6-800 dollars....oh my
LGF Points LGF Points : 1470

http://smsararas2.webnode.com/

Back to top Go down

Severe Enigma Empty Re: Severe Enigma

Post by Jordan Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:54 am

The severity could be caused by the recent adoption/move and new surroundings at the moment.

Once that is gone, all I can suggest is minimizing any stressors.
Obvious ones being light and noise, so you may have to ensure his tank is in a room where the kids don't often go, and maybe slightly darker than the other reptiles.

Also, sometimes with Enigma's it can be best to leave them to feed themselves. Have you witnessed him trying to feed?
I'd recommend leaving ten (or memorable number) inaa bowl and just leaving them for quite a few hours. I found with an enigma when I did this, he actually was eating despite all I saw was him missing.

Thats all I can suggest really.
Jordan
Jordan
Forum Staff

Status Status : The review team rocks!
LGF Points LGF Points : 1923

http://supermorphleos.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by samsleopardgeckos Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:31 am

I keep my 2girls that are that bad in purple tinted tubs in a rack that faces away from the window as they are really bothered by light, they do both currently feed themselfs on locust, mealworms and the occassional waxworm but when they ovulate they both become completely incapable of feeding themself and i normal syring feed them for until they start feeding from the bowl again Smile
samsleopardgeckos
samsleopardgeckos
Forum Staff

Status Status : Trying to tame the Iggy-Pop :)
LGF Points LGF Points : 2764

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down