Leopard Gecko Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some Pix of the 18"cube terrarium I built

3 posters

Go down

Some Pix of the 18"cube terrarium I built Empty Some Pix of the 18"cube terrarium I built

Post by Kermit Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:57 am

Ok so I was able to upload the other pix sooner than I thought Smile So here's a few of the 18" cube terrarium that I did. it is designed in a style that should be suitable for arborial frogs. This one wasn't as easy to photograph as the 20 long was tho Sad

This was the first phase, on the right are some jade plants and some succulents. The back corner I believe is called Echeveria "topsy turvy", then the front right corner is another Echeveria "Lola". Both should get about 6 inches in diameter and the topsy turvy should get about 8 inches tall. On the left are broad leafed verigated tropical plants and behind it is a palm and another fine leafed verigated tropical (they never put the names on those cartons like they do the succulents Sad ).

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

and the finished project after I added the mosses and bamboo.

Where it sits in my bedroom between 2 HUGE windows and the spider plant above it.

Ariel view of the back half thru the screen lid... forgot I could take that off Smile

and the front half, this is also done in 2 levels... the back half is about 6 inces higher than the front

Kermit
Kermit
Forum Staff

Forum Staff

Status Status : Local Housing Authority :)
LGF Points LGF Points : 3307

http://www.RollOverRover.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Some Pix of the 18"cube terrarium I built Empty Re: Some Pix of the 18"cube terrarium I built

Post by Kermit Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:51 pm

Wow guess this one isn't as appealing as the 20 long terrarium Smile
Kermit
Kermit
Forum Staff

Forum Staff

Back to top Go down

Some Pix of the 18"cube terrarium I built Empty Re: Some Pix of the 18"cube terrarium I built

Post by Tsuhei Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:35 pm

Oh no it's VERY appealing Kel! Smile But the question is...if I paid you would you make one for me too?! Hahah Razz What kind of frogs are you going to have in there? I vote dendrobates if you don't have anything in there or lined up for that tank already... Razz

(P.S. Grats on the moderator position [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.])
Tsuhei
Tsuhei
Review Staff

Status Status : His name is Typhon!!
LGF Points LGF Points : 1733

Back to top Go down

Post by kathstew Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:18 am

Wow! This tank is stunning as well!
You definitely have a gift, Kel!
If I was a frog I'd think I was in heaven!
kathstew
kathstew
Review Staff

Status Status : First eggs have been laid!
LGF Points LGF Points : 3101

Back to top Go down

Post by Kermit Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:18 am

I was thinking red eyed tree frogs Cerra... dart frogs are kinda off putting since they need to eat like fruit flies and teenie tiney food items....Also I don't think with the succulents in the viv that I would be able to maintainthe proper moisture level for darts with out killing the succulents Smile I'd like something a little more hearty for my first tree frog Smile And thanks for the congrats Smile altho I reckon I'll have my regular badging and position back soon enough. Also I wouldn't charge you anything Smile I'd be happy to do it if we were closer.

Thanks Kathryn... I'm glad you like it... I'm sure if it were frog tested it would be frog approved Wink These were just an adventure into the unknown since I had so much downtime while my PC was being held hostage Smile I never really thought they'd turn out as well as they have. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Kermit
Kermit
Forum Staff

Forum Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down