Leopard Gecko Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tripod update.

Go down

Tripod update. Empty Tripod update.

Post by ozziesmum Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:49 am

Hi all,

well today is Tripods monthly weigh in and s/he now weighs a massive 39 grams so in 10 short weeks s/he has gained a total of 33 grams, s/he has now started using her moist hide as well and had a nice clean shed today. Yesterday I removed her carpet and s/he now has spanish slate on the floor but I have to say s/he didn't look too impressed when I put him/her back in so I have now compromised and s/he now has a small carpeted area just outside his/her warm hide where s/he likes to stretch out and sleep and the top of her moist hide is carpeted as well.

Earlier this week I sent for a silkworm kit (thanks for the recommendation Sam) as I want to try and breed my own feeders, the kit arrived on Thursday and the eggs are now snuggly and warm in the airing cupboard and I'm hoping for them to start hatching by next weekend. I've followed the instructions that came with them but I've a feeling it's not going to be as easy as it looks still fingers crossed.

Tripod is still very skittish when I first pick him/her up but will then relax as long as I'm rubbing the top of his/her head but the minute I stop s/he's gone but at least s/he doesn't run and hide the minute I put my hand in the viv and s/he will even reach out and lick my fingers when I put my hand down in front of him/her so I'll just keep on taking it nice and slowly.

Well that's about it for this month so I'll speak to you all again soon.

ozziesmum
ozziesmum
Loyal Member

Status Status : No status yet...
LGF Points LGF Points : 560

Back to top Go down