Leopard Gecko Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hydrofarm MTPRTC Digital Thermostat

3 posters

Go down

Hydrofarm MTPRTC Digital Thermostat  Empty Hydrofarm MTPRTC Digital Thermostat

Post by Linsey Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:26 pm

Hi everybody I have a question, Im looking to upgrade to Hydrofarm MTPRTC Digital Thermostat and I have a question. Do I have to buy a certain heat mat with it I was going to get Ultratherm Undertank Heater. I feel that I can better regulate the temp in my tank with this combination. Is this ok? Thanks everybody!!

Linsey

Linsey

Status Status : Trying to take it all in....
LGF Points LGF Points : 112

Back to top Go down

Hydrofarm MTPRTC Digital Thermostat  Empty Re: Hydrofarm MTPRTC Digital Thermostat

Post by Kermit Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:11 pm

Unless otherwise stated on the thermostat's manufacturers suggestions you should be able to use any uth with any thermostat with pretty good results. Keep in mind that most thermostats will have a different range of accuracy when turning off or on with in up to 5 degrees difference from what you have it set at. As far as using an ultratherm uth... good for you thumbs up 2 ... best bang for the buck imo. Another thing to keep in mind that even tho most will say cobra heat mats, there is a difference between the ultratherm and the T-Rex cobra heat mats, that difference being the ultratherm has a higher wattage for the same sized mat. I explain it all in the sticky Smile There's actually a sticky on where to purchase them on line if you needed any assistance. It's in the housing section stickies.
Kermit
Kermit
Forum Staff

Forum Staff

Status Status : Local Housing Authority :)
LGF Points LGF Points : 3307

http://www.RollOverRover.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Hydrofarm MTPRTC Digital Thermostat  Empty Re: Hydrofarm MTPRTC Digital Thermostat

Post by Kodieh Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:17 pm

In the descriptions I have seen of the Hydrofarm, it states it is DESIGNED for the Hydrofarm heat mat for plants; but it denotes that it is compatible with ALL OTHER heat pads as well! hope this helps. Smile
Kodieh
Kodieh
Forum Staff

Forum Staff

Status Status : College is hard. :(
LGF Points LGF Points : 1943

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1659492989

Back to top Go down

Post by Linsey Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:06 pm

Thanks! YOur sticky thread was where I go the info for the upgrade. You guys are awesome! Thanks for all the info!

Linsey

Status Status : Trying to take it all in....
LGF Points LGF Points : 112

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down