Leopard Gecko Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UTH + Thermostat + Reptile Carpet

2 posters

Go down

UTH + Thermostat + Reptile Carpet Empty UTH + Thermostat + Reptile Carpet

Post by zet Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:45 pm

Hey guys, just had a quick question about heating and temperature. So I have a heating pad on the bottom of my tank. I have a thermostat with probe against the glass under the carpet. I am unsure what temperature to set the thermostat to to achieve the proper temperatures? I'm trying to get about 90F on top of the carpet, but with the carpet there, I don't know how much heat it'll keep out. I currently have my thermostat set to 95F.

If anyone has a similar set up to mine, please share your opinions!

Thanks.

zet

Status Status : No status yet...
LGF Points LGF Points : 5

Back to top Go down

UTH + Thermostat + Reptile Carpet Empty Re: UTH + Thermostat + Reptile Carpet

Post by Karagain Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:26 pm

Hello and Welcome

For starters I would ditch the repti-carpet, its a breeding ground for bacteria and the loops in the carpet making walking around for a leo differicult then it gets its claws stuck check out this housing stick http://www.leopardgeckoforum.com/t166-proper-housing-for-leopard-geckos for alternatives

Your probe should be above the substrate ideally, so it can monitor the temps where the leo WOULD be. I always found glass was a pain to heat, the temps can fluxuate alot but once you got it, it usually alright from there.

Hope this has helped Smile
Karagain
Karagain
Forum Staff

Status Status : Finally got a day off :)
LGF Points LGF Points : 1246

Back to top Go down