Leopard Gecko Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

my group

+2
Kodieh
rickmoss95
6 posters

Go down

my group Empty my group

Post by rickmoss95 Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:33 am

my group seems to all be settling in nicely. my male tug sunglow and my bold stripe female have shed nicely already. my male tug sunglow(moose) and my red stripe enigma(hat trick) have already taken food from my fingers(and almost took my finger too!)...a few didnt eat last night, but i will try again tonight. i am gonna wait untill my light timer is about to kill the lights, then put the mealies in there, that way they are still active and move around a bit while the leos are active...they dont seem to move around as much once they warm up(the mealies)...so hopefully they will all chow tonight. i am really happy with all of them and i am still having a hard time believing i have some leopards that cost that much....i didnt even know an eight hundred dollar leopard gecko even existed!!! now i own one...kinda crazy for me to swollow. i will happily offer the members of this forum first dibs on any babies that i dont hold back before i put them up for sale! i will probably hold back most of my white and yellow sunglows for a while..may keep seven or eight, and sell the rest...not sure yet. i still have a while though, because most of my females are only in the high 30 gram mark right now. my male tug sunglow is probably in the high 50's if he is not already hitting the low 60's! he is so cool, he runs up to the front of the tub already when i slide it open. i love my snakes, but these leos are honestly my favorite animals i have ever had! they just have so much personallity! and i love watching them run around and check everything out...i LOVE the way they move their tails when they run around!!! i am so excited to be working with these animals! they are just so cool! i loved my cresties, but i like these more, i really do. i also wanted to say how much of a pleasure this forum has been so far! it is so nice that there doesnt seem to be any arrogant a**holes on this forum! i think that we all should have the right to voice our opinions and thoughts, but there is no need to be arrogant and simply jerkoffs about it...anyways, thanks for having me and i really enjoy this forum! i am also glad i opted to work with the leopard gecko!! great choice for me and just good stuff!!!
rickmoss95
rickmoss95
Valuable Member
Valuable Member

LGF Points LGF Points : 1245

Back to top Go down

my group Empty Re: my group

Post by Kodieh Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:39 am

Very good that some have already shed for you, and some are eating decently.
Kodieh
Kodieh
Forum Staff

Forum Staff

Status Status : College is hard. :(
LGF Points LGF Points : 1943

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1659492989

Back to top Go down

Post by samsleopardgeckos Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:47 am

Glad to hear everyone is settling in well and getting used to there new home Smile
samsleopardgeckos
samsleopardgeckos
Forum Staff

Status Status : Trying to tame the Iggy-Pop :)
LGF Points LGF Points : 2764

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:50 am

Sounds like your having a good good time haha.

Thanks for being here too, its great to have you on the forum, taking part and providing your knowledge with other members. Since its still pretty early days for the forum (only 3 months old), you'll be able to see it grow and develop too.
But don't worry we'll be trying to keep the jerks out, thats what the staff are for haha.

I see you've also hit 'Loyal Member' status now too. well done!
Jordan
Jordan
Forum Staff

Status Status : The review team rocks!
LGF Points LGF Points : 1923

http://supermorphleos.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rickmoss95 Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:56 am

thanks guys! i am happy to help out...and i love to learn! i have been doing this for a long time and still learn every day! and the best part is that it is still enjoyable and i am still as passionate about reptiles as i was the day i started!
rickmoss95
rickmoss95
Valuable Member
Valuable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by rickmoss95 Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:52 am

i was down in the reptile room today cleaning all of my cages...i must say, these leopards are probably the coolest animals i have kept so far! i really love them! they have such cool little antics and personallities! i love all of the soft colors and pastel hues that they all have! i think i have found my calling! i really like these little lizards! really cool! they seem to all be doing very well and are adjusting well! i am thinking of actually selling off the rest of my snakes and getting a few more~i think i will be taking them to the next expo!
rickmoss95
rickmoss95
Valuable Member
Valuable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:25 am

wow, you're really going for it then huh?
Jordan
Jordan
Forum Staff

Status Status : The review team rocks!
LGF Points LGF Points : 1923

http://supermorphleos.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by gothicgurrrl Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:59 am

awwww Smile i agree. my leo is the best pet i've ever owned Very Happy
gothicgurrrl
gothicgurrrl
Forum Staff

LGF Points LGF Points : 6090

http://sbf-lionheads.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rickmoss95 Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:19 am

yup, these things have me more excited than i have been about anything so far! plus the group i started with "aint too shabby" either, and that deffinately helps. i want to try to come up with some new combos and really play around with this pretty much full time. i talked to a big west coast breeder yesterday, and he confirmed alot of my thoughts and reinforced some of my ideas. i have a few ideas with my white and yellow that i think will be really exciting and i also believe these will be a huge hit if they look like i think they will. i also like the fact that they are dominant and i will be able to see results a little faster. although my final goal is gonna take a few generations, some cool stuff should be produced in the f1 offspring. i am gonna buy a scale soon because some of my females are ovulating, but i wanna make sure they are heavy enough for me to breed them. i love normal leopards and the average morphs, but i want to have very rare and unique leos. for one thing, the expos i usually do, there is jmg and ohio gecko, along with a few other people that have leos...so i dont want to have everything that everyone else has, i want people to walk by my table...and stop and say, "wow, check these out!" with the white and yellows, i am already pretty much guarenteed to have some that no one else has, but i want to breed these into combos and giant combos. i want to continue my reputation to have some of the nicest animals at the shows i do. please dont take my comments as arrogance, i am very humble and polite...but i take a rediculous amount of pride in my animals, and i work very hard and spend alot of money to make sure i have the best animals i can have, period. i also love to see others exceed and succeed, and will do anything i can do to help them out. but i want my name to be associated with super high quality and the best customer service of anywhere. i have a great group to start with, and as long as i make the right steps, i think i am gonna be successful and have a great time doing it...and that is what i am really all about, having fun and enjoying my animals! and so far, i am thouroghly enjoying these little leopard geckos.
rickmoss95
rickmoss95
Valuable Member
Valuable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joneill Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:25 pm

Rick, I just HAVE to say that YOU are awesome. I enjoy reading about how much you care for your animals and its wonderful to find other people as passionate as you are. Don't ever change. And yes, I couldn't agree more, leo's are fantastic pets with loads of personality.
joneill
joneill
Loyal Member

Status Status : Loving my panther cham - he is the cutest & smallest lizard I have ever seen!
LGF Points LGF Points : 1256

Back to top Go down

Post by rickmoss95 Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:27 am

thank you jenni, and people like you help me stay as passionate as i am, as i know if you appreciate my enthusiasm(sp?)...you are also a passionate reptile lover! i really appreciate that, thank YOU!
rickmoss95
rickmoss95
Valuable Member
Valuable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by rickmoss95 Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:59 am

fed again last night, and everyone ate all of their mealies! that is a relief! maybe today or tomorrow i will get the camera out and get some pics of them...
rickmoss95
rickmoss95
Valuable Member
Valuable Member

Back to top Go down

Post by gothicgurrrl Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:01 am

Smile that's greattt Smile they are all settling nicely then Very Happy
gothicgurrrl
gothicgurrrl
Forum Staff