Leopard Gecko Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Well, things may be looking up for Misfit!

3 posters

Go down

Well, things may be looking up for Misfit! Empty Well, things may be looking up for Misfit!

Post by Body Thief Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:48 am

I was sitting here listening to Black Sabbath. I was just about to go smash up mealies for Misfit and I looked over and he was staring at me all crazy with hunger in his eyes! So I got some tweezers and a mealie and offered it to him. It took him a while before he finally decided to strike out at it but he missed. He went back to his sad gloomy self Sad which makes me wonder if he's just having some confidence issues, if that's even possible for a leo of course. haha So five minutes later he had his game face on again. Fifteen minutes went by and the whole time i've been wiggling mealies in his face and still nothng, he's staring more at me with this greedy face but he's not trying to attack me like he did the second day I had him and he was staring at me like this. He yawned, I managed to get one in his worm hole and he chomped it and swallowed. Another 20 minutes of staring at me with his hunting face, and me wiggling mworms on my tweezers, he finally ate one all by himself! I'm so excited, I hope he gets a little better at it everyday. Hopefully it wont be another three weeks before he eats on his own again.
Body Thief
Body Thief
Loyal Member

Status Status : I <3 Claudia!!
LGF Points LGF Points : 842

Back to top Go down

Well, things may be looking up for Misfit! Empty Re: Well, things may be looking up for Misfit!

Post by herp625 Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:26 pm

Have you tried other insects? fast moving insects draw more attention.

herp625
Loyal Member

Status Status : No status yet...
LGF Points LGF Points : 458

Back to top Go down

Well, things may be looking up for Misfit! Empty Re: Well, things may be looking up for Misfit!

Post by RockMySocks Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:10 pm

I like the name misfit! We are 138! Anyway enough with the punk references. My Leo doesn't eat meal worms at all. He gets down on the crickets though. Sometimes eating 15 crickets. I offer meal worms and he will hunt then when they squirm around but when he gets close and sees its a meal worm he just walks away. He ate one once when I didn't feed him till later at night and he was so hungry. I would suggest trying other feeders also. Maybe he just doesn't like them.
RockMySocks
RockMySocks

Status Status : No status yet...
LGF Points LGF Points : 92

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down