Leopard Gecko Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Update on Misfit my not so starving lizard :D

3 posters

Go down

Update on Misfit my not so starving lizard :D Empty Update on Misfit my not so starving lizard :D

Post by Body Thief Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:15 pm

After 3 months of starving himself and bad vet visits with wrong treatment I ended up just crushing feeders up and feeding him with a syringe. He finally started eating live buggies a month ago. He eats almost everyday. I still wasn't sure if he was drinking on his own as he barely had any urate compared to poop so I started giving him water out of the syringe everyday just to be safe and viola!! I witnessed him drinking on his own last week Smile I had also thought he was getting mouth rot and found a good herp vet through a friend. I took him in a week ago and the vet examined him and he does not have mouth rot! yay!

So he is eating almost everyday AND now he is for sure drinking on his own...He has nice normal looking poop now!!

He was 29g when I got him then he dropped to about 23g and now after a month of eating he is back up to 29g! I can't wait until he fills out.

Ty everyone for your help and suggestions and all that good stuff along this journey :P

Update on Misfit my not so starving lizard :D 470478_414278605264646_100000475294373_1671433_647536918_o
Body Thief
Body Thief
Loyal Member

Status Status : I <3 Claudia!!
LGF Points LGF Points : 842

Back to top Go down

Update on Misfit my not so starving lizard :D Empty Re: Update on Misfit my not so starving lizard :D

Post by Body Thief Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:16 pm

Oh and he also sheds completely on his own now Very Happy
Body Thief
Body Thief
Loyal Member

Back to top Go down

Update on Misfit my not so starving lizard :D Empty Re: Update on Misfit my not so starving lizard :D

Post by Kermit Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:16 am

That's awesome! Glad to hear that misfit has bounced back after the long and trying journey. Good job thumbs up
Kermit
Kermit
Forum Staff

Forum Staff

Status Status : Local Housing Authority :)
LGF Points LGF Points : 3307

http://www.RollOverRover.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by gothicgurrrl Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:38 am

Aww that's great to hear Smile
I'm glad he's back on track.. keep up the good work!
gothicgurrrl
gothicgurrrl
Forum Staff

LGF Points LGF Points : 6090

http://sbf-lionheads.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Body Thief Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:50 am

TY guys :P or i should say girls :P
Body Thief
Body Thief
Loyal Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down