Leopard Gecko Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can my Loe's skin be too moist???

2 posters

Go down

Can my Loe's skin be too moist??? Empty Can my Loe's skin be too moist???

Post by Koyla87 Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:37 am

Ive had the moist hide in the tank for a couple weeks and i have noticed her skin is definitely super moist now... She doesnt spend all day in the moist hide but should i take it out for a day or so so my leo, Sensi Star, can dry out a bit???

i cut out a door in a ziplock containter and added wet paper towls on the bottowm for the moist hide,
some times ill put the hide on the hot spot in the tank, and sometimes ill put its in a cool spot....

can it become a health problem if she is too moist all the time???
should the moist tank be heated?

Koyla87

Status Status : No status yet...
LGF Points LGF Points : 23

Back to top Go down

Can my Loe's skin be too moist??? Empty Re: Can my Loe's skin be too moist???

Post by rickmoss95 Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:47 am

you are fine, dont take it out....as long as the humidity in the rest of the cage is not high. i would also keep in on the warm end, not the cool. if ir is on the cool end, all it is, is a cold wet spot, and that will cause problems. if it is on the warm end, it does what it is supposed to do, create a HUMID place for the leo to retreat to. i would also provide other hides(if you already do not have them)...both on the warm and cool sides. a reptile will choose security over the proper temps 100% of the time....so if you only have one hide, that is where your gecko will be. some geckos will use thier moist hides ALOT, and others dont seem to. i have leopards that are ALWAYS in thier moist hides...the only time i see them out, is when they are feeding...and they are all very healthy. so like i said, as long as the humid hide is warm enough, no matter how much time it spends in there, it will be fine. im not sure what you mean by its' skin is always moist...but if you pull it out of the hide, and its skin is a little moist, that is fine...but if it is out in the rest of the cage, and its skin is moist, then your cage is WAY too humid....but if you have a screen lid on it, there is almost no way it is too humid...it should be about perfect...unless you live in a jungle, lol. give us a little description of your set up please, and we can more accurately help you, but i think you should be fine.
rickmoss95
rickmoss95
Valuable Member
Valuable Member

LGF Points LGF Points : 1245

Back to top Go down

Post by rickmoss95 Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:49 am

oops, i see a couple typos in there...guess i should slow down my typing a bit. sorry
rickmoss95
rickmoss95
Valuable Member
Valuable Member

LGF Points LGF Points : 1245

Back to top Go down

Post by Koyla87 Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:47 am

i do have a bunch of pics in the http://www.leopardgeckoforum.com/t244p60-show-off-your-set-ups post...
its a pretty creative/cheap set up, i just added some moss to the moist hide and as well as a few spots in the tunnel system i cut out.

I Might add a catwalk for her to walk along the top of the tank just so she can explore some random stuff.

Koyla87

Status Status : No status yet...
LGF Points LGF Points : 23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down