Leopard Gecko Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

question about moist hide

3 posters

Go down

question about moist hide Empty question about moist hide

Post by fausy Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:15 pm

i recently just purchased my new leo and i have done a lot of research prior to getting him. one thing i cant seem to figure out and wonder if its okay is whether or not a lid is mandatory for the moist hide. I have a ten gallon tank with and UTH on half of it, also with two hides one on the warm side and the moist one on the cold side. what i did was cut out a glad plastic container made it a side to enter from but i did not use a lid as i put the container/tray underneath another hide and filled with moist sphagnum moss. im wondering if what im doing is okay, just becauser the tank would not have enough room for another hide. i also spray it everyday to make sure it stays moist and i do notice my leo going in it.
fausy
fausy

Status Status : No status yet...
LGF Points LGF Points : 5

Back to top Go down

question about moist hide Empty Re: question about moist hide

Post by Kermit Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:05 pm

If your gecko is using it then it should be fine. Using the lid would just make it cleaner/easier to manage. I use a glad dish as well but its upside down with a hole cut in the end. Having the lid could help keep the humidity in better as well.
Kermit
Kermit
Forum Staff

Forum Staff

Status Status : Local Housing Authority :)
LGF Points LGF Points : 3307

http://www.RollOverRover.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by badkelpie Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:26 pm

I have done that as well, used the bottom half of the moist hide under another hide. The moss dries out faster, but other than that, I had no problems with this.

badkelpie

Status Status : No status yet...
LGF Points LGF Points : 25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down