Leopard Gecko Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

couple of queries

3 posters

Go down

couple of queries Empty couple of queries

Post by cabbybrad Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:49 am

firslty like to appologise for no pics of new leo(s) etc been pretty distant but il get some up in a few days!

starts with a horror story, bought a baby leo, blizzard (zero), most active in the rep shop so picked him Very Happy but after just 6 days he wasnt to be seen checked all hides nothing, under paper i had in to start with, nothing, hed got out Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad .

after 3 weeks of constantly, for 3 weeks, searching everywhere and no joy we bought another leo, a jungle?!(rocco)

about a month ago i found zero! he was skinny and very shy but screamy so got him in a tub and in rocccos viv out of the way whilst i went to the shop to get a temp viv.

1)he really wont calm down screaming, when cleaning tank and in a backup tub he seems fine when picking him up and could do for 4-6 days but then sometimes hell scream when your near the viv?

2)he wont eat or acknoledge food when im there, but i can leave for ten mins and hes been into it? although other day after no food for 3days he leapt around 20cm to a mealworm Shocked

3)hes shedding now, 2nd time in 2 weeks, is this just because hes started eating properly and growing quiclky now?

any help would be nice Very Happy

cabbybrad

Status Status : Waiting for the day to buy my leo!
LGF Points LGF Points : 21

Back to top Go down

couple of queries Empty Re: couple of queries

Post by Kodieh Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:02 pm

1. Temperament is really a case by case basis, but consistent handling will eventually acclimate him to you. Understand it will never be "tame" like a dog, though.

2. Some reptiles a shy eaters! It's just one of his/her quirky traits.

3. Yep, shedding means growth! He's getting bigger, so he needs more skin room.
Kodieh
Kodieh
Forum Staff

Forum Staff

Status Status : College is hard. :(
LGF Points LGF Points : 1943

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1659492989

Back to top Go down

Post by cabbybrad Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:03 pm

Thanks, I understood they aren't tame as such, bit difficult when I have friendly one who comes out of her hide when I open it and one screams lol.

Il be persistent with him and get him used to being around me go a while then.

As for that everything's ok with them both I love em Smile

cabbybrad

Status Status : Waiting for the day to buy my leo!
LGF Points LGF Points : 21

Back to top Go down

Post by kathstew Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:44 am

You can try just sitting near his tank so he becomes used to seeing you. Then slowly graduate to putting your hand into the tank, but don't put it in from above (like a predator), approach him sideways.
I sat outside my leos tank everyday for a few minutes, and now she comes to me and is really friendly. It just takes time.

Good luck!
kathstew
kathstew
Review Staff

Status Status : First eggs have been laid!
LGF Points LGF Points : 3101

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down