Leopard Gecko Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

black spot, weid sleeping and rubbing

4 posters

Go down

black spot, weid sleeping and rubbing Empty black spot, weid sleeping and rubbing

Post by stubby_leopard Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:56 am

hi guys, havnt been on here in a while, well my little leo stubby hasnt been good at all, from the moment i bought her really. I took her to the vet last week who wormed her and gave me some powder which i have to mix with water and syringe feed her everyday for 12 days. I have today ntoiced a rather large (for her size) black spot appear on her belly nearer to her front legs than her back ones. thats the first query, any ideas?

second, she has been rubbing herself against things such as her water bowl and cave even sliding her face across the kitchen roll, I've uploaded a photo, she isnt shedding - I have a theory it may be because some of the formula doesnt go down and it stays on her mouth, this may be drying and causing irritation? click below to see video
black spot, weid sleeping and rubbing Th_8e22f0fd

thrid, she has just recently (as far as im aware) pretty much today ive just noticed it, started doing this strange thing with her mouth, she will puff out her gullet and open her mouth, i only managed to capture her doing it slightly but before she noticed me she was opening her mouth wide open. I dont know what more I can do to help the little one, I'm going to call the vet tomorrow to relay all these issues and see what she thinks.

oh and she has been sleeping in a strange position lately, I may swap her cave with a moist box because she liked them, but anyway she will sleep in a push-up position, back legs bent but head up towards the sky with front legs holing her up. very strange. she has also lost all her colour Sad
stubby_leopard
stubby_leopard
Loyal Member

LGF Points LGF Points : 480

Back to top Go down

black spot, weid sleeping and rubbing Empty Re: black spot, weid sleeping and rubbing

Post by Body Thief Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:18 am

Omgoodness! I'm sorry to hear that Sad You're making the right choice in calling the vet, but you may also want to fill this health questionnaire out http://www.leopardgeckoforum.com/t134-please-read-and-fill-out-with-your-health-questions and someone on the forum might be able to help with some potential causes of what may be going on.
Body Thief
Body Thief
Loyal Member

Status Status : I <3 Claudia!!
LGF Points LGF Points : 842

Back to top Go down

black spot, weid sleeping and rubbing Empty Re: black spot, weid sleeping and rubbing

Post by stubby_leopard Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:04 pm

thank you for the reply. I have just got off the phone to the vet who mentioned she did pick up on the patch during her check up last week and nothing to worry about as its her liver due to her not eating etc! But they found mites in her poo which they were very shocked about so she is booked in for her mite jab tomorrow! So haapy I didnt crush her by accident while giving her the critial care forumla!
stubby_leopard
stubby_leopard
Loyal Member

Back to top Go down

Post by stubby_leopard Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:16 am

Hi guys, i just managed to snap a photo of the black patch which the vet says is the liver - any other suggestions? Im sure the vet is correct but she'll see it tomorrow and be 100% sure i hope! You can see why I got worried not knowing what it was!! and another photo of her on my hand, she enjoys her sides being rubbed after a syringe feed and a mini cuddle. poor little thing.

black spot, weid sleeping and rubbing Cb7ab0a9
black spot, weid sleeping and rubbing 56ee3d9f
stubby_leopard
stubby_leopard
Loyal Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dosercody Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:27 am

Where did you purchase her?

Dosercody

Status Status : No status yet...
LGF Points LGF Points : 255

Back to top Go down

Post by Body Thief Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:34 am

Aw poor baby! I hope everything turns out ok
Body Thief
Body Thief
Loyal Member

Status Status : I <3 Claudia!!
LGF Points LGF Points : 842

Back to top Go down

Post by stubby_leopard Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:40 am

Body Thief wrote:Aw poor baby! I hope everything turns out ok

She's a sorry sight but she'll be ok, I'm dedicated to making her better!

Dosercody wrote:Where did you purchase her?

I actually got her from a local breeder about 3 months ago, she's just one of the sorry ones!
stubby_leopard
stubby_leopard
Loyal Member

Back to top Go down

Post by rickmoss95 Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:32 am

wow! that is REALLY skinny! that animal has not eaten in months! like more than six months i would guess...there are NO fat researves on her tail at all....a breeder should have NEVER sold, or even given that animal away! period! that person has no business even owning animals, let alone breeding them if he/she let it get to that point! have you tried...you need to get some food in that animal asap! try crushing the head of a super worm, hold her firmly but gently, and rub the worm up and down her lips....hopefully she will get irritated and open her mouth..then stick the worm down her gullet, and see what happens. she may drop it a few times, but dont give up! she obviously has internal parasites, so it may be a long road to recovery, but if you cant get her eating, im affraid any vet help will be in vain...please keep us posted! if you dont get food in her belly, the meds will probably be too much on her system, and not be good....try really hard to get her to eat, even if this means force feeding, which seems to be the case here...good luck.
rickmoss95
rickmoss95
Valuable Member
Valuable Member

LGF Points LGF Points : 1245

Back to top Go down

Post by rickmoss95 Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:34 am

dont know what i did when i typed the "have you tried..." part, so ignore that...oops
rickmoss95
rickmoss95
Valuable Member
Valuable Member

LGF Points LGF Points : 1245

Back to top Go down

Post by Dosercody Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:39 am

I agree with Rick on the force feeding. A slurry would be beneficial as well. Here's a link to description of the least stressful way I've found to force feed..

http://www.leopardgeckoforum.com/t2036-trick-to-feeding-the-stubborn-usually-baby-leo

Dosercody

Status Status : No status yet...
LGF Points LGF Points : 255

Back to top Go down

Post by stubby_leopard Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:27 pm

well i did report the guy to the RPSCA and the local council who would have given him the permit to sell animals. I was not impressed when I realised how bad she actually was (as she was my first gecko) I have been liquidising mealworm and crickets and make a slurry type thing with a little neutrabol and calcium in it and syringe feeding her that every other day as not to over-do it. I will have a look at that link though thank you for that!

I have tried snipping a waxworm and rubbing the juice on her nose to entice her but got no luck, and tried pulling crickets head off with no luck.

I'll let you guys know what the vet says this evening! It's weigh in day lets hope for more than 8g this week!!
stubby_leopard
stubby_leopard
Loyal Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down