Leopard Gecko Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Poop or Sperm stuck to Leopard Gecko?

2 posters

Go down

Poop or Sperm stuck to Leopard Gecko? Empty Poop or Sperm stuck to Leopard Gecko?

Post by laurinsane Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:12 am

I was watching my gecko Samson and I noticed that he was licked around his vent area. I've had him about 3 1/2 years now, no problems. He eats like a champ. His diet consists or mealworms and crickets.

Anywho, so I look at what he is doing and it looks like poop or some sort of nature is stuck around his vent. I lifted his tail and there doesn't appear to be anything blocking the hole. It is on either side of the anus. Looks whitish in color.

Right now I'm bathing him in warm water. Not sure if this is the right thing to do. He is just chilling now but I have been trying to get it off and he's not cooperating. Doesn't seem to like me touching it.

laurinsane

Status Status : No status yet...
LGF Points LGF Points : 23

Back to top Go down

Poop or Sperm stuck to Leopard Gecko? Empty Re: Poop or Sperm stuck to Leopard Gecko?

Post by laurinsane Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:14 am

Actually jsut checked, it's more kinda of brownish looking. Wish I could get a picture.

laurinsane

Back to top Go down

Poop or Sperm stuck to Leopard Gecko? Empty Re: Poop or Sperm stuck to Leopard Gecko?

Post by Mystic Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:19 am

welcome to the forum! you are doing the right thing, just bathing him in warm water should help out. it sounds like he just has some poop stuck around there and just needs to be cleaned off. if it doesn't come off with the first bath just try and let him sit in the water the next day for like 5 to 10 minutes and then try to use a wash cloth to wipe it off. also just a suggestion, you should look into switching from meal worms to super worms (aslo known as mario worms) they are allot bigger and have a better meat to shell ratio and i know my leo loves them, she says they are nice and juicy! lol plus you only need to feed adults like 3 or 4 compared to 10 to 15 of the mealies ^_^ anyways i hope this helps you, good luck keep us updated!
Mystic
Mystic
Loyal Member

Status Status : Taming my leo
LGF Points LGF Points : 1105

http://mysticgaia.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mystic Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:20 am

a easy way to get a picture is to place them on clear plastic or glass and take a picture from under them. he might have cysts starting or something if it doesn't look like poop.
Mystic
Mystic
Loyal Member

Back to top Go down

Post by laurinsane Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:25 am

Hey Thanks guys. I wasn't sure if he could eat the super worms. I'm feeding him the giant meal works and large crickets. I'll look into the other one's. Maybe I can take the tile up from the bottom of his cage and see about getting a picture.

laurinsane

Back to top Go down

Post by laurinsane Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:31 am

OK got a couple. Need to upload them.

laurinsane

Back to top Go down

Post by laurinsane Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:35 am

Poop or Sperm stuck to Leopard Gecko? Samson3
Below from a pyrex container

Poop or Sperm stuck to Leopard Gecko? Samson2-1
In my hand lifting his tail a bit.

Poop or Sperm stuck to Leopard Gecko? Samson1
Another angle.

laurinsane

Back to top Go down

Post by laurinsane Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:35 am

Maybe that's comepletely normal. I've never really looked into his vent area before.

laurinsane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mystic Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:40 am

naw it just looks like he has a little crusties to me, just some baths like a said before should get rid of it, letting him soak in warm water should help allot. ^_^
Mystic
Mystic
Loyal Member

Back to top Go down

Post by laurinsane Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:40 pm

Thanks guys. I'll keep an eye on him. Just thoguht it was weird. Never seen him lift his tail completely sideways liek that before so I figured he was uncomfrotable. He seems to be doing OK now. I'll keep checking in on him.

laurinsane

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down