Leopard Gecko Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Temperature help n

3 posters

Go down

Temperature help n Empty Temperature help n

Post by Bruce Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:46 pm

I read that temp needs to be 85 to 98 degrees, does that mean when I probe the tile/paper towel the thermometer should read 85/90???

Ive been researching these fellows fOr about 5 hours straight trying to provide the best possible setup and that's the only thing that is confusing me lol, thanks!!

Bruce

Status Status : No status yet...
LGF Points LGF Points : 43

Back to top Go down

Temperature help n Empty Re: Temperature help n

Post by Jordan Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:07 pm

The surface that the gecko will make contact with should be 90 - 95 degress F.
So that the floor temperature. Not the ambient air temperature.
Jordan
Jordan
Forum Staff

Status Status : The review team rocks!
LGF Points LGF Points : 1923

http://supermorphleos.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruce Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:18 pm

Thanks alot!!!
Btw I found a blazing blizzard on craigslist, do these require any special care?

Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:23 pm

Blazing blizzard is the name of the morph. The "morph" name of a leopard gecko is just sort of a name to express which genetics it carries.

It is no different from every other leopard gecko and will require no extra care. thumbs up

PS to add to that, a blazing blizzard carries the genes of Blizzard, and Albino. The Blizzard gene makes the gecko have no spotting and white (or pinky) in colour, and the albino gene means it can't produce black, and will have albinism eyes.
Jordan
Jordan
Forum Staff

Status Status : The review team rocks!
LGF Points LGF Points : 1923

http://supermorphleos.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruce Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:38 pm

Thanks again, I just wasn't sure if I needed anything special for I becaus I know some albino creatures need extra care, the ad said contact him for the low price, I hope it isnt more than $40

Ps: any tips as a first time leo owner, I have a 20L and I've kept anoles before

Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post by Kermit Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:20 pm

There's an excellent thread in the leo housing section on how t make the perfect set up. Should explain anything you were curious about. As I'm sure you know, Anoles and leos require completely different set ups, going from the tropical anole to the packed earth desert regions of the middle east where leos come from. The biggest differences are less humidity for leos, and belly heat with an under tank heater are more important than overhead lighting for leos. Also as far as additional sensivities for albinos, red eyes tend to be more sensitive to ambient lighting so if you suppliment heat in your viv with additional lighting, even red lighting can bother any le but esp. Albinos. Blue moonlight bulb would be better or no bulbs at all as any overhead lighting tends to stress leos out. Also non pigmented skin can be more sensitive to light exposure, excessive heat, and rough surfaces. In most albinos sensitive skin is common.

Hope some of this helps Bruce Smile
Kermit
Kermit
Forum Staff

Forum Staff

Status Status : Local Housing Authority :)
LGF Points LGF Points : 3307

http://www.RollOverRover.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruce Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:53 am

Thanks, I'm heading to the store now to buy a uth and another hide so I can set the tank up, I can't wait to buy sydney !!! Lol

Bruce

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down