Leopard Gecko Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fast decline in health!

Go down

Fast decline in health! Empty Fast decline in health!

Post by Guest Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:54 pm

We were given a leopard gecko who seemed to be in good health and ate and drank well for a month or so.
It began shedding it's skin for the second time since we had it. It wasn't as energetic about getting it off (little to no scratching and rubbing, etc...) Then we noticed diarrhea (looked like bird poo) in it's bathroom corner. It hasn't eaten in over two weeks. Finally, it's skin sloughed from it's head and we noticed that underneath his eye looked infected and swollen. It has been drinking water occasionally but refusing to eat crickets or meal-worms. It's tail thinned out and now it's looking bony. Any advice would be great. No money to take it to a vet.

Back to top Go down

Fast decline in health! Empty Re: Fast decline in health!

Post by smsararas2 Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:21 pm

Hello, I am sorry to hear that you have got a sick leo. We will do our best to help you out here, there are many knowledgeable people. The first thing that I would think is their could be some shed stuck in the eye and that could cause an infection which would lead to not eating and then of course getting thinner. This is just a guess but with more information we may have an easier time helping you out. Would you mind filling out the health care questionnaire at :
http://www.leopardgeckoforum.com/t134-please-read-and-fill-out-with-your-health-questions

One thing you can do until we get some more information from you is rinse out the leopard geckos eye with a sterile saline solution, this would help to wash any stuck shed out of the eye. It may take days to help but a couple times a day with the drops could help. Please take the time to fill out the health care questionnaire in case there is something else that could be causing the problem.

Welcome to the forum as well thumbs up
smsararas2
smsararas2
Forum Staff

Status Status : Just found out Fly is worth 6-800 dollars....oh my
LGF Points LGF Points : 1470

http://smsararas2.webnode.com/

Back to top Go down