Leopard Gecko Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Temp monitoring

2 posters

Go down

Temp monitoring Empty Temp monitoring

Post by bashweeka Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:30 pm

My husband is working on an automated temp monitoring/controlling device for my geckos. Right now the plan is to have it take temps every 30-60 mins and graph the results so I can tracks what the temps are doing throughout the day. It will also e-mail me if temps get out of range. We will be using remote outlets so heating devices can be managed if temps get out of range. I would love to get ideas as to anything else that could prove useful. Just so you all know, we're not looking to develop something to be sold. My husband just wants to play with his new micro-controllers and thought this would be a fun project Smile He's using Arduinos, so if any of you are familiar with the device and interested in it, I can send you a link to the code once he's done.
bashweeka
bashweeka

Status Status : No status yet...
LGF Points LGF Points : 101

Back to top Go down

Temp monitoring Empty Re: Temp monitoring

Post by PMK159 Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:41 pm

I have been looking at doing a simular thing myself using 1-wire sensors for temperature and humidity.
PMK159
PMK159

Status Status : Waiting for my Leo's to arrive ........ ;-)
LGF Points LGF Points : 72

Back to top Go down

Post by bashweeka Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:46 pm

PMK159 wrote:I have been looking at doing a simular thing myself using 1-wire sensors for temperature and humidity.
Have you found any sensors that you are happy with? We were looking to also track the humidity, but my husband couldn't find any dual sensors he was happy with.
bashweeka
bashweeka

Status Status : No status yet...
LGF Points LGF Points : 101

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down