Leopard Gecko Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wood or Glass?

3 posters

Go down

Wood or Glass? Empty Wood or Glass?

Post by Marnie Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:24 pm

So there's probably a thread somewhere discussing this already but I'm on my phone and cba to search through ten or so pages. I wanted to buy a nice white wooden viv to make the bedroom look a lot more attractive, this will be Lipsy and Marios permenant tank from then on. I wondered if a wooden tank is the better choice. I don't see why not and glass tanks are ugly I hate them but since I'm spending a good chunk of money on this I want to get the best

Cheers guys
Marnie
Marnie
Loyal Member

LGF Points LGF Points : 484

Back to top Go down

Wood or Glass? Empty Re: Wood or Glass?

Post by herp625 Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:21 pm

These are really nice and some allow heat mats. Search the website. They come in various models.

http://lllreptile.com/store/catalog/vision-cages-racks-tubs-and-visionariums/vision-cages-and-tubs/-/v332-vision-cage-with-extra-vent/

herp625
Loyal Member

Status Status : No status yet...
LGF Points LGF Points : 458

Back to top Go down

Post by Marnie Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:32 pm

I don't like those at all they're like something I bought from a vet. No I just wanted to know if s glass tank is better than a wooden tank
Marnie
Marnie
Loyal Member

Back to top Go down

Post by herp625 Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:52 pm

Definately wood. I am not a fan of fish tanks either which dries out the gecko in the winter. Wood is my choice as long as it has a non-pourus interior lining which is easy to clean.

herp625
Loyal Member

Status Status : No status yet...
LGF Points LGF Points : 458

Back to top Go down

Post by Marnie Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:57 pm

How do I know it has a non- porous lining? I'm buying a four foot tank four foot tank for Lipsy and Mario that is going to placed on a low stand or have metal feet fitted so it is low to the floor. I'm then buying a 3 foot tank for Blondie which is going on top of the four foot tank and then a I've got a two foot fish tank for Lola already, this is just until next month so I'm not spending all my money up straight away. I want the place to look tidier that's the reason I've decided to buy brand new walnut finish wooden tanks with sliding doors on the front
Marnie
Marnie
Loyal Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kermit Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:15 am

Either is fine, it all comes down to personal preference in the end esp. If it is a store bought wood viv specifically designed for herps.
Kermit
Kermit
Forum Staff

Forum Staff

Status Status : Local Housing Authority :)
LGF Points LGF Points : 3307

http://www.RollOverRover.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down