Leopard Gecko Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How are you finding these beautiful Leopard Geckos

4 posters

Go down

How are you finding these beautiful Leopard Geckos Empty How are you finding these beautiful Leopard Geckos

Post by Linsey Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:02 am

Hi,
I am fairly new to the leopard gecko world. I have a 6 month old little that my daughter named Fancy!! Needless to say I am addicted and I am already trying to line up my next leo! But I live in an area where they dont seem to be to popular and it is winter right now so having them shipped here is not going to happen. I know you cant post breeders but can anybody give me a heads up on what everybody does? I see all these beautiful Leo's and I have always had larger lizards but I am in love with the morphs and color patterns out there. Any help would be awesome. Thanks

Linsey

Linsey

Status Status : Trying to take it all in....
LGF Points LGF Points : 112

Back to top Go down

How are you finding these beautiful Leopard Geckos Empty Re: How are you finding these beautiful Leopard Geckos

Post by Mardy Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:21 am

If they aren't popular around where you live and you don't have a reptile convention near you, shopping online is probably your best bet. There are tons of breeders that sell online, and you should have no trouble finding one that you like. If you would like some recommendation I can send you a list via pm. But it would help to tell me what you like the most or what you are looking for, as my bookmark has over 50 sites and that's too many to list.

Certain breeders may specialize in certain morphs. There are a few large scale breeders that have just about everything you may be interested in. But their prices are usually a tad high.
Mardy
Mardy
Valuable Member
Valuable Member

LGF Points LGF Points : 2105

http://www.onlinegeckos.com

Back to top Go down

How are you finding these beautiful Leopard Geckos Empty Re: How are you finding these beautiful Leopard Geckos

Post by Linsey Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:27 am

I live in Minnesota and I dont think they ship live animals in the winter. I am fairly new to morphs but I would like any color then white, and I have the normal morph now. I love the yellow one in your picture. I guess I would like a yellow that is my favorite color. Thanks for responding!!

Linsey

Linsey

Back to top Go down

Post by Linsey Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:29 am

Should I pm you?

Linsey

Back to top Go down

Post by Mardy Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:42 am

I pm'ed you some of the breeders I've purchased from. The one in my avatar is called a Sunglow. It's pretty much a Super Hypo Tangerine Carrot-tail Baldy + Tremper albino combined. So the result is a high yellow/orange body, no spotting, with tremper albino eyes, and carrot-tail.

When I first got into this hobby I was also fascinated by the amount of morphs, patterns, and coloring you can find with leopard geckos. Definitely makes it a lot more interesting to own and collect. How are you finding these beautiful Leopard Geckos 131791
Mardy
Mardy
Valuable Member
Valuable Member

LGF Points LGF Points : 2105

http://www.onlinegeckos.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kathstew Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:56 am

Take a look at some of the pictures here: http://www.leopardgeckoforum.com/t1467-morph-directory
It gives you an idea of the types of morphs available. Its not all of them, but we are working on getting pics of the majority of the morphs xD I personally like the brighter morphs, such as snowglows, hybinos and RAPTORS. A lot of people seem to prefer the lighter morphs though, such as super snows and blizzards (nothing against them, I have a blizzard, I just like the bright ones lol).

I've gotten my leos from expos and local breeders. If you google minnesota leopard gecko breeders sometimes things can come up.

Also check classified ads like kijiji and craigslist. Sometimes you'll find some real beauties on there!
kathstew
kathstew
Review Staff

Status Status : First eggs have been laid!
LGF Points LGF Points : 3101

Back to top Go down

Post by Linsey Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:04 am

Thanks, I contacted a few!!

Linsey

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:24 pm

You're in MN too? Where? There are a number of reptile places where I am. There is Twin Cities Reptiles in St. Paul, Leaping Lizards in Burnsville, Exotics & Aquatics near St. Paul, and the next expo is in March in Bloomington. Smile
Jess
Jess

Status Status : :)
LGF Points LGF Points : 302

Back to top Go down

Post by Linsey Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:49 am

Yep, Finally a fellow Minnesotan!! I live in Minneapolis, I have been to the Twin Cities Reptiles many, many times. My daughter loves it. We go there just to look and end up spending an hour and half there, I love it!! But they never have a morph other then normal there. I went to the the Exotics and Aquatics and they only had one. A giant female. They seem to specialize in Beardies. I will try the Burnsville one today. I did know there was one in Burnsville! And thanks for the heads up on the Reptile Expo, I am for sure going to that!! Thanks Jessica!!

Linsey

Linsey

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:34 am

No problem! Smile I love Twin Cities Reptiles, I could live there LOL.

Leaping Lizards is great, that's where I adopted my bearded dragon from! I know they have a number of different morphs. When I went there a couple weeks ago they had a few adult normals, a really dark colored one that looked pretty neat, and some baby albino morphs.

I live about 15 minutes away from the Burnsville one! Small world, right?

Here is their website: http://www.leapinglizardsreptileshop.com/
Jess
Jess

Status Status : :)
LGF Points LGF Points : 302

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down