Leopard Gecko Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are my leopard geckos at the right weight?

4 posters

Go down

Are my leopard geckos at the right weight? Empty Are my leopard geckos at the right weight?

Post by BenDalton Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:50 am

Hey i couldnt find anything on the weights of leo geckos so thought i would ask for some help.

My adult male is just over 9"s and weighs 77g.
My adult female is just over 7"s and weighs 40gs.
My 7 month old female is just under 5"s and weighs 10g.

worried that the females may be underweight Crying or Very sad any help would be much appreciated, thanks Are my leopard geckos at the right weight? 191501
BenDalton
BenDalton

LGF Points LGF Points : 23

Back to top Go down

Are my leopard geckos at the right weight? Empty Re: Are my leopard geckos at the right weight?

Post by smsararas2 Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:59 am

It is really hard to tell without seeing them. 10g sounds small for a 7 month old female but it is hard to tell without seeing their bodies and their tails. Are you able to post some pictures?
smsararas2
smsararas2
Forum Staff

Status Status : Just found out Fly is worth 6-800 dollars....oh my
LGF Points LGF Points : 1470

http://smsararas2.webnode.com/

Back to top Go down

Are my leopard geckos at the right weight? Empty Re: Are my leopard geckos at the right weight?

Post by BenDalton Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:27 pm

hi sorry thought i should put some pictures on but didnt think they would be needed but here they are Smile

The Male
Are my leopard geckos at the right weight? Conwy-20110719-00336

The adult female
Are my leopard geckos at the right weight? Conwy-20110719-00331

and the baby female
Are my leopard geckos at the right weight? IMG00316-20110719-0055
BenDalton
BenDalton

Back to top Go down

Post by smsararas2 Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:18 pm

They all look pretty healthy to me. Both the adults have good looking tails on them and have nice bodies. Are you sure the baby is 7 months? To me in general the baby seems small in general for 7 months. But then I suppose they all grow at their own pace and that is why there isn't really a chart for what they should weigh. Either way, the baby looks great to me as well. Looks like she has just gone through a shed;)
smsararas2
smsararas2
Forum Staff

Status Status : Just found out Fly is worth 6-800 dollars....oh my
LGF Points LGF Points : 1470

http://smsararas2.webnode.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobbsy Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:02 pm

Hi Ben, the top two seem really good and look nice and healthy, so does the other one too, but for 7 months old that sounds underweight. Are you sure that this gecko is 7 months old? My assumption is that it is healthy, with a nice proportionate tail but a little younger than you think maybe?

Hobbsy

LGF Points LGF Points : 70

http://www.hobbsyscritters.com

Back to top Go down

Post by samsleopardgeckos Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:50 pm

Hi Ben they all really good and have nice fat tails but i do have to ask like Hobbsy are you sure the little one is 7months? but some leos are slow growers like a Tangerine Tornado male i have at 6months he only weighed 11g and was 3inches long and now at almost 1yr he is 30g and 4/5inches.

just a quick note on something i noticed in the babies pic was it looks like he has shed skin stuck on his feet which you would really need to get off or layers will build up and he could loss toes easyiest way is to keep him on damp kitchen roll till either him or you get it off Smile
samsleopardgeckos
samsleopardgeckos
Forum Staff

Status Status : Trying to tame the Iggy-Pop :)
LGF Points LGF Points : 2764

Back to top Go down

Post by BenDalton Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:00 pm

Hi thanks for the help Smile i was told she was 5 months when i got her 2 months ago, but yet i got it off a friend she couldnt afford to keep so she may have been wrong about her age. Im still new to leos and just want to make sure im doing everything 100% right, i dont want them been unhappy, but thanks alot for the help again very kind of you all, yeah that picture was taken the day she shed her skin, i left her for a day to see if she could get it off herself, and then i stepped in to help her get it off but thanks for the concern Very Happy
BenDalton
BenDalton

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobbsy Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:13 pm

They definitely all look healthy to me :-)

Hobbsy

LGF Points LGF Points : 70

http://www.hobbsyscritters.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down