Leopard Gecko Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where could I get a digital probe thermometer?

+3
Mardy
Karagain
Body Thief
7 posters

Go down

Where could I get a digital probe thermometer? Empty Where could I get a digital probe thermometer?

Post by Body Thief Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:24 am

Can't find any ground thermometers at any of my local pet stores?

Help

Body Thief
Body Thief
Loyal Member

Status Status : I <3 Claudia!!
LGF Points LGF Points : 842

Back to top Go down

Where could I get a digital probe thermometer? Empty Re: Where could I get a digital probe thermometer?

Post by Karagain Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:56 am

I am not sure about places in the USA, but maybe try ebay?
Karagain
Karagain
Forum Staff

Status Status : Finally got a day off :)
LGF Points LGF Points : 1246

Back to top Go down

Where could I get a digital probe thermometer? Empty Re: Where could I get a digital probe thermometer?

Post by Mardy Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:02 am

Amazon is one of the best places for them.

Digital thermometer w/ probe

or

temperature gun, which is what I prefer to use.
Mardy
Mardy
Valuable Member
Valuable Member

LGF Points LGF Points : 2105

http://www.onlinegeckos.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kathstew Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:16 am

You can also find them in stores in the kitchen section. I've seen them in walmarts in the kitchen section.
I got mine on ebay for like $3.00 Canadian.
kathstew
kathstew
Review Staff

Status Status : First eggs have been laid!
LGF Points LGF Points : 3101

Back to top Go down

Post by Body Thief Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:53 am

Oh ok thanks!
Body Thief
Body Thief
Loyal Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tammy24 Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:09 am

Tammy24

Status Status : No status yet...
LGF Points LGF Points : 50

Back to top Go down

Post by Dosercody Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:32 am

http://www.ebay.com/itm/110753456559?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

This is the cheapest name brand I've come across, and use. It works great. I also have used:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Digital-Aquarium-Thermometer-probe-Fish-Tank-Water-/310362856097?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4843115aa1

and it worked great as well. Both are highly accurate and last for quite a long time. With the second one, it is from hong kong so takes a week or so to get to you. But its so cheap, it might be worth it for you Smile

And just a FYI, when the batteries go out in them, its often cheaper to buy a new one rather than the batteries which can be expensive. I personally would just buy the Hong Kong one again and use it, rather than the batteries. Or if your wanting batteries, try to find a cheap hand held toy at a dollar store that has the same batteries in it, as that is also MUCH cheaper. Wink

Dosercody

Status Status : No status yet...
LGF Points LGF Points : 255

Back to top Go down

Post by Body Thief Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:58 am

Thanks guys :P

I just realised I have seen that one at PetsMart I just didn't realise what it was XP
Body Thief
Body Thief
Loyal Member

Back to top Go down

Post by rickmoss95 Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:09 am

check into infra red temp guns. you only need to buy one, no matter how many geckos you have, and you can check every inch of every cage...instantly. and you can even check the cool, warm, humid hides, and water temps, and even your leos temps....i will NOT have reptiles without having a tempgun. i dont use any other type of temp checking device, i dont need one. i also have a couple for backups...because i was stupid once(not the only time either), and dropped it in a bucket of water!!! tempgun.com or the beanfarm.com. beanfarm is an AWESOME place to get ALL of your herp related stuff, they have everything! check it out.
rickmoss95
rickmoss95
Valuable Member
Valuable Member

LGF Points LGF Points : 1245

Back to top Go down

Post by Body Thief Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:18 am

Thanks for those links! I'm going to check them out right now :P
Body Thief
Body Thief
Loyal Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down