Leopard Gecko Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shed?

5 posters

Go down

Shed? Empty Shed?

Post by cincysk8tr Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:55 am

Sorry if i could found the answer in a thread but ive had louie for about 15 days now and i havnt seen him shed. and i see people talk about babies shedding frequently. Is it just depend on him or is it a sign that im doing something wrong?
cincysk8tr
cincysk8tr

Status Status : Thinking of Cave ideas...
LGF Points LGF Points : 112

https://www.facebook.com/Sinsinnati

Back to top Go down

Shed? Empty Re: Shed?

Post by Mardy Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:20 am

There's no set schedule they shed on, plus you can easily miss it as they can shed within a few hours.
Mardy
Mardy
Valuable Member
Valuable Member

LGF Points LGF Points : 2105

http://www.onlinegeckos.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mystic Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:17 pm

yeah like mardy said, they shed when ever their body chooses, and when i first got my charm i couldn't tell if she shed or not for months. if you notice that your leo looks kind of dull and whiter then normal then a couple days later they look all pretty and colorful like normal they have shed behind you back lol but don't worry if you are sneaky enough you can one day look in the tank and see them trying to rip off their old skin XD
when i first saw charm shedding i got all excited and then realized how odd it was of me to be excited about a lizard ripping its skin off haha
Mystic
Mystic
Loyal Member

Status Status : Taming my leo
LGF Points LGF Points : 1105

http://mysticgaia.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by joneill Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:14 pm

Young leo's usually shed every two weeks if they are eating healthily. Basically they shed because they are growing and there body is getting wider or longer. But as Mardy & Cortney said, you will most likely not see them shedding cos they will do it at night or hide away somewhere dark. They generally feel uncomfortable before and during a shed and may also not want to eat. Just check your baby for stuck shed, especially on the toes, cos you don't want to leave that old skin on.
joneill
joneill
Loyal Member

Status Status : Loving my panther cham - he is the cutest & smallest lizard I have ever seen!
LGF Points LGF Points : 1256

Back to top Go down

Post by i<3mrnn Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:22 am

I'm glad I'm not the only one that gets excited about a shed. I personally think its comical!
i<3mrnn
i<3mrnn

Status Status : Most people don't understand why I put my reptiles first
LGF Points LGF Points : 147

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down