Leopard Gecko Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just an idea I had, maybe you've had it already ;)

3 posters

Go down

Just an idea I had, maybe you've had it already ;) Empty Just an idea I had, maybe you've had it already ;)

Post by Dosercody Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:38 am

I was thinking about how annoying it is with crickets, and not being able to leave more than a couple in the actual viv at a time, since they tend to nibble on our leos. So I have this idea to create a small enclosure inside the viv, that will somehow allow the leos to move in and out as they please, but not the crickets... Anyone found a way to this, or thought of something similar? My idea is to create a very thin/fine light weight flap over the front/door of the cricket enclosure, with some sort of clear plastic. This will allow the leo to see the crickets, push past the flap, and eat to his/her content, while the crickets would not nearly be strong enough to move the covering. In short, a doggie door Smile Thoughts?

Dosercody

Status Status : No status yet...
LGF Points LGF Points : 255

Back to top Go down

Just an idea I had, maybe you've had it already ;) Empty Re: Just an idea I had, maybe you've had it already ;)

Post by asianpersuasion Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:01 am

Tho the crickets may not be strong enough to physically move the "leo door" im almost certain they will get out of the flap. They are sneaky little buggers and you would be very suprised. 1 thing that i did read however a little while back that if you do feed crickets and there happens to be 1 or 2 left over or you think there is but are not sure put in a piece of dry dog food or cat food in the vivarium somewhere. The cricket will start to nibble on this if it gets hungry instead of nibbling on the leo's.
asianpersuasion
asianpersuasion
Loyal Member

LGF Points LGF Points : 1060

http://www.wix.com/asianpersuasion529/nocoleopardgeckos

Back to top Go down

Just an idea I had, maybe you've had it already ;) Empty Re: Just an idea I had, maybe you've had it already ;)

Post by kathstew Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:30 am

Its a great idea, but it would be hard to do.
I agree with Jay, that the crickets would probably be able to find a way through the flap. I have mine in a cricket keeper thing, and they still manage to find a way out of THAT.
If you could find a way to do this though, it would be AMAZING.
kathstew
kathstew
Review Staff

Status Status : First eggs have been laid!
LGF Points LGF Points : 3101

Back to top Go down

Post by Dosercody Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:27 pm

Yeah, they are def. Sneaky little devils lol I'm going to experiment with it over the next few weeks and see how successful it is. A few escapees isn't so bad, and the dog food is a good idea Smile. I'll post a new thread when I get results. Thanks for the replies you two Very Happy

Dosercody

Status Status : No status yet...
LGF Points LGF Points : 255

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down