Leopard Gecko Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

odd idea.. do you think it would work?

+2
kathstew
Mystic
6 posters

Go down

odd idea.. do you think it would work? Empty odd idea.. do you think it would work?

Post by Mystic Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:52 pm

ok first off i have to gloat, i got to see charm shedding for the first time today and i enjoyed watching her tugging on it trying to get it off it was so cute and she seemed to get most of it off with in 10 minutes. (am i demented? i mean i got joy out of watching a lizard rip its skin off and eat it XD)
anyways the real reason i made this thread... i am going to need to upgrade charms hides soon because she is getting so big (im worried she might get stuck in her little cork log she loves so much >.< ) and i would like to get her hides that give her more darkness.
soooo tomorrow im going to petsmart to see if i can find anything good for her. but the other day i had an idea on a hide and im not sure if anyone has thought of a hide like this so i need to know what your thoughts are on it and if there is any concerns or dangers you guys could see in it that i cant. ok here it is...
i have her little meal worms in this odd idea.. do you think it would work? Storage-Drawers
its rather small its about 6" wide 10" deep and about 12" tall each drawer is about 3" tall

now i found one at walmart that is black, the drawers are still clear but they are dark. and i was wondering what you guys would think about me making it into a 3 story hide? like what if i was to make a door hole in the front of the bottom drawer and then a hole in the bottom of the next drawer so that she could climb up into the next drawer while she was inside the bottom one ( i hope that makes sense it wouldn't be in the front of the second drawer it would be more in the back end of the bottom of the drawer) and then the same with the top drawer.
the bottom drawer could be a warm hide and then the next be a humid hide and the next just another hide. i would still have other hides in her tank but this one would just be a special 3 story one. what do you guys think of this idea? im not sure what to think of it my self >.<
Mystic
Mystic
Loyal Member

Status Status : Taming my leo
LGF Points LGF Points : 1105

http://mysticgaia.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

odd idea.. do you think it would work? Empty Re: odd idea.. do you think it would work?

Post by kathstew Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:53 pm

I think that is a really cool idea! I don't know how well it would work, but I think its a really great idea.
Now I want to make one....
kathstew
kathstew
Review Staff

Status Status : First eggs have been laid!
LGF Points LGF Points : 3101

Back to top Go down

odd idea.. do you think it would work? Empty Re: odd idea.. do you think it would work?

Post by Eszharen Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:20 am

I think you would likely require some sort of small ramp to allow your gecko to climb up.

Similarly, you might have problems with the moist hide leaking liquids into the levels below
Eszharen
Eszharen

LGF Points LGF Points : 102

Back to top Go down

Post by Kodieh Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:13 am

I think that the humidity in the one drawer would pass through to the other drawers.

You could have a three tiered moist hide, or dry hide though.
Kodieh
Kodieh
Forum Staff

Forum Staff

Status Status : College is hard. :(
LGF Points LGF Points : 1943

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1659492989

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmyd10 Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:19 am

That sounds really cool but you might have some problems with humidity.
jimmyd10
jimmyd10

Status Status : thinking of expanding my kingdom
LGF Points LGF Points : 351

Back to top Go down

Post by Mystic Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:51 am

yeah thats what i was thinking. i dont know how well the humidity would hold or if it would leek. i think im going to end up trying it out to see and i will have to tell you all how well it works. thanks for your input guys!
Mystic
Mystic
Loyal Member

Status Status : Taming my leo
LGF Points LGF Points : 1105

http://mysticgaia.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by joneill Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:40 pm

Cool, an experiment! Let us all know how it works out (or doesn't). Lol.
joneill
joneill
Loyal Member

Status Status : Loving my panther cham - he is the cutest & smallest lizard I have ever seen!
LGF Points LGF Points : 1256

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down