Leopard Gecko Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sperm Pluge's visible on my male leo. any help??

4 posters

Go down

Sperm Pluge's visible on my male leo. any help?? Empty Sperm Pluge's visible on my male leo. any help??

Post by BenDalton Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:40 am

I noticed this morning when i took my male leo out to hold him that his sperm pluge's were visible and were sticking out of his vent slightly Embarassed ,they still are sticking out now some 12 hours later, they come out about 1mm or abit more but have gone down sinse this morning, ive never noticed this before and have been worried about the matter, i know that males do clean them out but i'm not sure weather it is to do with that or maybe he has mated with one of the females. he has been sitting in the shed box alot more than what he usally does and he hasnt shed in a while so maybe its something to do with his shedding im not sure at all just hope someone can clear this matter up for me Very Happy i will try get some photos tomorrow if that helps, any help please thanks all Smile
BenDalton
BenDalton

LGF Points LGF Points : 23

Back to top Go down

Sperm Pluge's visible on my male leo. any help?? Empty Re: Sperm Pluge's visible on my male leo. any help??

Post by smsararas2 Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:54 am

I would soak him in warm water and they may loosen them up so they can pass as usual, or it may soften them up enough to go back in, whichever they prefer to do:)
smsararas2
smsararas2
Forum Staff

Status Status : Just found out Fly is worth 6-800 dollars....oh my
LGF Points LGF Points : 1470

http://smsararas2.webnode.com/

Back to top Go down

Sperm Pluge's visible on my male leo. any help?? Empty Re: Sperm Pluge's visible on my male leo. any help??

Post by BenDalton Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:03 pm

what is it that makes them come out and why do they do it?? thanks Very Happy
BenDalton
BenDalton

LGF Points LGF Points : 23

Back to top Go down

Post by smsararas2 Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:00 pm

I think that it is just something that happens. Perhaps he got excited over something and that got things moving.
smsararas2
smsararas2
Forum Staff

Status Status : Just found out Fly is worth 6-800 dollars....oh my
LGF Points LGF Points : 1470

http://smsararas2.webnode.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Karagain Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:11 pm

This happens to my male when he gets "rejected" by my females, I think it may be because he hasn't mated and he got a bit too excited Smile If it is still sticking out, take a picture and we can look into it further
Karagain
Karagain
Forum Staff

Status Status : Finally got a day off :)
LGF Points LGF Points : 1246

Back to top Go down

Post by samsleopardgeckos Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:35 pm

the sperm plugs or pene plugs can usually be easily removed by gently pulling on them with tweezers just becareful not to pull to hard and get his hemi-penes stuck out. I have to do it every few weeks to a fat tail gecko male of mine Smile
samsleopardgeckos
samsleopardgeckos
Forum Staff

Status Status : Trying to tame the Iggy-Pop :)
LGF Points LGF Points : 2764

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down