Leopard Gecko Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello from Canada

+2
Jordan
canadiangirl
6 posters

Go down

Hello from Canada  Empty Hello from Canada

Post by canadiangirl Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:51 am

So I am new to this forum and already I love how active it is!!
A little about myself, I am from Ontario Canada, I have two daughters, a hubby, two dogs, an Argentine Tegu, 2 fat tailed geckos, and 2 leopard geckos.
I have had lizards since in my early teens. Most kids get hamsters and I get two baby iguanas. They were wonderful females! Totally tame, and beautiful! They were both 5' and their custom enclosure took up most of my parents basement. Unfortunately I had to find them a great home when my parents sold their house and I had to move into a basement apartment, I still miss them so much <3. My hubby was not a fan of large reptiles so we got into bearded dragons (13 years ago) and bred for a few years. We took a break from reptiles as we were busy having a family but I always anted another big lizard and came across Argentine Tegus and wow! So after 7 months of research I got my male tegu. He came to me at 10" in length and quickly grew and continues too! He was 44" by his first birthday and it is claimed that they can grow for the first few years so only time will tell how big my "baby" will get! He is in a custom enclosure (built by my hubby) that measures 8'x4'x4'. I goes outside on a leash and he is a sucker for fleece sweaters! He is powerful and at time will death roll me (like a croc) when he doesn't feel like going where I want him too. He is capable of bitting my finger off but he has yet to attempt! He is very food driven like most monitor type lizards and it doesn't matter how tame he is, if my finger smells like ground turkey or rodent then he is going to charge, bite and ask questions later!
Alot of my time is taken with the tegu as he is so much work! So I got into gekcos cause they are cute , fun, and don't take as much time as tegus.
I will admit now that I am a research junkie when it comes to my herps, I have to know it all before I get them but I jumped into geckos rather fast so I am still learning, especially in the morphing department!!

So if you made it through my "novel" then thanks for the time, if not, I can't say I blame you!

I am on facebook so feel free to add me as I love to chat with fellow herpers!

Here is my youtube link if you want to take a look at my tegu and geckos
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Vanessa
Ontario, Canada Smile
canadiangirl
canadiangirl

LGF Points LGF Points : 91

Back to top Go down

Hello from Canada  Empty Re: Hello from Canada

Post by Jordan Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:09 am

Thanks for the introduction Vanessa. A great read, introductions are much appreciated on this forum, because we like to try and know each other as friends, like a big family.
Because of this we have some good social events like the photo of the month competition, and the weekly quiz which is great to chat and have fun. I hope to see you joining in with them! thumbs up

Looking forward to pics of this massive tegu lol, and the geckos too!
Obviously we are here for any questions you may have, also you will have recieved a welcoming PM when you joined which will have some good info in for you if you need any help.
To read that, click the PM button in the navbar (it will glow orange when you have a new PM)
Jordan
Jordan
Forum Staff

Status Status : The review team rocks!
LGF Points LGF Points : 1923

http://supermorphleos.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rickmoss95 Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:21 am

i posted a reply but i dont see it?? anyways welcome to the forum! i think you will find this a friendly and knowledgable forum. there are alot of good people here who love our reptiles and our friends! welcome! and although this is a pretty new forum, i think it will continue to grow and be a very successful forum! and as far as you not knowing all the morphs and stuff...give it time! i have been breeding boas and pythons for over 24 years, and just began my leopard gecko adventure recently, and they are my favorite reptiles so far, and have decided to work exclusively with them! and honestly, that is saying alot for me to stop working with my boids!!! anyways, thanks for joining and welcome to the forum!!
rickmoss95
rickmoss95
Valuable Member
Valuable Member

LGF Points LGF Points : 1245

Back to top Go down

Post by smsararas2 Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:38 am

Hi Vanessa and welcome. Glad to see you could make it. It is a great forum here and there are many knowledgeable people here!
smsararas2
smsararas2
Forum Staff

Status Status : Just found out Fly is worth 6-800 dollars....oh my
LGF Points LGF Points : 1470

http://smsararas2.webnode.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kodieh Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:48 am

Well, hello Vanessa! It'll be great to have you. Smile
Kodieh
Kodieh
Forum Staff

Forum Staff

Status Status : College is hard. :(
LGF Points LGF Points : 1943

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1659492989

Back to top Go down

Post by samsleopardgeckos Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:40 pm

Welcome to the forum Vanessa Smile

Hope you enjoy your time here Smile and look forward to seeing pics of all your guy's and girls Smile
samsleopardgeckos
samsleopardgeckos
Forum Staff

Status Status : Trying to tame the Iggy-Pop :)
LGF Points LGF Points : 2764

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down