Leopard Gecko Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Too much food?

2 posters

Go down

Too much food? Empty Too much food?

Post by Zak Fri May 20, 2011 2:38 pm

Okay dory is usually a hungry girl I usually feed her once a day (at 8pm) but today I think she was eating more than normally she had just shed she ate about 7 giant mealworms, she spit out one after chewing it so I tossed it and stopped feeding for today. She's still a baby about 7 months I believe so is this normal? Gecko eat until they're not hungry right? I just want to know if I feed her how many she wants will it harm her?

Zak

LGF Points LGF Points : 160

Back to top Go down

Too much food? Empty Re: Too much food?

Post by Kermit Sat May 21, 2011 1:07 am

You should feed once a day imo. 7 mos old is not a baby it is a subadult. This is the age where most start changing feeding schedules from daily feedings to every other day feedings. 7 giant mealies...actual mealies or super worms (morioworms)? 7 giant worms and a shed is a LOT to eat imo. Some leos don't know when to stop and will eat themselves sick. At 7 mos old my male leo was eating 3-5 superworms 3x a week with a snack on sundays of 4-5 mealies. Now at 1 year he just eats 3 days a week about 2-4 supers per feeding.
Kermit
Kermit
Forum Staff

Forum Staff

Status Status : Local Housing Authority :)
LGF Points LGF Points : 3307

http://www.RollOverRover.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Zak Sat May 21, 2011 2:55 am

Yeah, I do the once a day feeding I will start changing it up to a 3-4 giant meal-worms very day other day. Then I will start doing a three days a week. When she hits about a year old. I always thought that they knew when to stop eating good thing she's doing good this morning. Thanks kermit for the information always a help to me :P

Zak

LGF Points LGF Points : 160

Back to top Go down

Post by Kermit Sat May 21, 2011 5:11 am

Anytime hon. Very Happy
Kermit
Kermit
Forum Staff

Forum Staff

Status Status : Local Housing Authority :)
LGF Points LGF Points : 3307

http://www.RollOverRover.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down