Leopard Gecko Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How long should Leopard Geckos go without eating?

3 posters

Go down

How long should Leopard Geckos go without eating? Empty How long should Leopard Geckos go without eating?

Post by evilsloth Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:04 pm

Hi, a week ago my Leopard gecko shed, and she hasn't eaten anything since. Usually after she sheds, she isnt hunger because she ate her own skin, but it's been a week... At what point should I start to worry?

evilsloth

Status Status : No status yet...
LGF Points LGF Points : 221

Back to top Go down

How long should Leopard Geckos go without eating? Empty Re: How long should Leopard Geckos go without eating?

Post by peach75 Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:41 am

My greedy gecko never stop eating. They eat even while eating shed, lol
What is the temps in the tank?

peach75
Loyal Member

LGF Points LGF Points : 333

Back to top Go down

How long should Leopard Geckos go without eating? Empty Re: How long should Leopard Geckos go without eating?

Post by Kermit Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:23 am

It would help if you could fill out our care questionaire... you can find the link at the bottom of the page in the info box. Just copy/paste it into teh thread and answer as much as you can please.

My boy Eros won't usually eat for a good 4-5 days after a shed and if he does eat before then it's only like 1 superworm. I don't even offer him food for 3 days after a shed. He's an adult male over 2 years old so age can make a difference as well as gender and time of the season. I wouldn't be too worried, but we'll know more once you fill out the care questionaire Smile

Kermit
Kermit
Forum Staff

Forum Staff

Status Status : Local Housing Authority :)
LGF Points LGF Points : 3307

http://www.RollOverRover.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by evilsloth Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:47 am

Care Questionaire:

About your leo:
- Sex- Male
- Age & Weight- 10 years 50-60 grams
- Morph (if you know)- normal
- How long have you owned your leo- 5 years
- Where was he/she obtained (Pet store, breeder, wild caught, etc.)- kijiji
- Is your leo wild caught or captive bred- captive bred

A) Health/History
- How often do you handle your leo- every 2-3 days
- Is your leo acting any different today? If so how - not eating
- Has he/she had any problems in the past, if so please describe.- three legs, but gets around fine
B) Fecals
- Describe-Do they look any different than normal- no
- When was the last time he/she went- Dont know
C) Problem
- Please briefly describe the problem/issue you are experiencing and how long it has been going on
After she shed 1 week ago, she stopped eating
Housing:
A) Enclosure
- Size 2 ft. x 1 ft. x 1.5 ft
- Type (ex. glass tank, screen enclosure, tub kept) Glass tank
- Type of substrate (sand, vinyl tiles, ceramic/stone tiles, etc.) Stone tiles
- Hides (how many, location and type (hothide, humid hide, regular hide etc.) - 1 hot hide, 1 cold
B) Heating
- What is your main heat source (heat bulbs, under tank heat mat etc)
- Heat Bulb, UTH
**Please include the brand and size of your UTH if you use one**
- What are your cage temps (hot side and cool side) 90, 70's
- Method of regulating your heat source (thermostat, rheostat, light dimmer etc.) ...
- What are you using to measure your temps (probe thermometer, infrared lazer tempo gun, stick on temp gauge, etc) stick on temp gage
- Do you have any lights (describe type (red,blue, basking etc) and cycle duration) Red UV light, 7am-7 pm
C) Cage mates
- How many (males, females) Used to be 2 females... They died
- Describe health, or previous problems of cage mates
1 got gout, the other got MBD
Describe Diet:
A) Typical diet
- What are you feeding- Crickets
- How often are you feeding your gecko and how much per feeding?- 3 Times per week, 3-10 crickets
- How are you feeding (hand fed, tongs/tweezers, left in dish, ect)- Dumped in
B) Supplements
- What calcium suppliment are you using (please include brand)- Repashy Superfoods pure calcium
- What multi vitimin are you using (please include brand)- Flukers orange cubes
-How are you implimenting your suppliment program (how often do you dust with each suppliment, do you leave calcium in the tank 24/7 etc.) Each time
- What are you gutloading your feeder insects with- Flukers Orange Cubes

I hope this helps Neutral

evilsloth

LGF Points LGF Points : 221

Back to top Go down

Post by peach75 Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:32 am

I never heard of a red uvb bulb? do you mean infrared? i'm thinking if one died from gout and one with mbd, maybe change your gutload and add more insects. I'm just telling you what the vet once told me. She said that the insects should be given a dry diet and water separate. This is what she told me to use. Sandfire super foods cricket diet ILF. Your not using vitamins? 70-90 sounds a bit cold to me. For daytime 77-85 air temp and 92-94 belly heat works for my geckos. They need some vitamin D3 and vitamins. I use Reptivite. Zoomed plain and one with D3.

peach75
Loyal Member

LGF Points LGF Points : 333

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down