Leopard Gecko Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

blizzard with big red vein in both eyes?

3 posters

Go down

blizzard with big red vein in both eyes? Empty blizzard with big red vein in both eyes?

Post by strech Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:24 am

So i grabbed up my newest blizzard about 2 weeks ago and noticed today that both eyes have a large red vein in them and black here is a photo!

blizzard with big red vein in both eyes? Rscn0410

blizzard with big red vein in both eyes? Rscn0411

Are these normal looking eyes for the blizzards or could he have something else in his gene pool? Was told by the breeder that just plain jane blizzard not het for anything. Oh yeah he was hatched late aug\11
strech
strech

Status Status : No status yet...
LGF Points LGF Points : 123

Back to top Go down

blizzard with big red vein in both eyes? Empty Re: blizzard with big red vein in both eyes?

Post by Kermit Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:48 am

There is a great thread in the morph section that explains all the morps and eye traits, might be worth going thru to find out http://www.leopardgeckoforum.com/t2972-expanded-morph-gallery-including-eye-traits

From my understanding of it having the red background color plus red veining is indicitive of bell albino but then again I'm no morph pro so hard to say. Hopefully some one else more well versed in morphology chimes in. Also it is hard to have an animal that has absolutely NO hets... that is rare.
Kermit
Kermit
Forum Staff

Forum Staff

Status Status : Local Housing Authority :)
LGF Points LGF Points : 3307

http://www.RollOverRover.webs.com

Back to top Go down

blizzard with big red vein in both eyes? Empty Re: blizzard with big red vein in both eyes?

Post by strech Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:35 am

Thanks kermit for the link i have been lurking on the forum for awhile and have checked that out but was unable to figure it out myself.As for it not having hets that is what the breeder said at the narbc show. Could this in fact be a blazzing blizzard??not just a blizzard
strech
strech

Back to top Go down

Post by geckochick89 Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:13 pm

What breeder did you get him from? If it is a reputable breeder, they would know the exact genetics of what they are selling...
geckochick89
geckochick89

Status Status : 25 leos and counting...
LGF Points LGF Points : 212

http://iherp.com/cmor1031

Back to top Go down

Post by Kermit Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:00 pm

I can't say for certain. Did you get contact information from the breeder? If you did I would be asking what morphs the parents were and confirm that there were no hets in the blizzard you got. If there are truly no hets then you got yourself a nice genetically clean animal. I would also ask the breeder about the red veining in the eye and the red background in the eye. See if they can explain how/if it is a blizzard trait or if there is some bell albino is his makeup somewhere. I wish Jordan would come around more often, he really is the morph guy Sad
Kermit
Kermit
Forum Staff

Forum Staff

Status Status : Local Housing Authority :)
LGF Points LGF Points : 3307

http://www.RollOverRover.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by strech Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:31 pm

Yeah I have been in contact with the breeder and he said that it was not het for anything as the parents are both blizzards. I did email him about the eyes and waiting on the reply now. Yeah I have been trying to do as my searching i can about this guy cause he is really awesome.
strech
strech

Back to top Go down

Post by strech Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:09 am

here is another pic

blizzard with big red vein in both eyes? Dscn0410
strech
strech

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down