Leopard Gecko Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Silver eyes with black veins?

5 posters

Go down

Silver eyes with black veins? Empty Silver eyes with black veins?

Post by ApathyOverdose Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:04 am

I have a reverse stripe ghost leopard gecko, and she has these really beautiful silver eyes with black veins. I was just wondering if there was a name for this, or if it is something to do with her morph. Also I can't find any of them for sale, and I was curious as to how much she would be worth (I'm not selling her, someone gave her to me and I was curious).

Silver eyes with black veins? SAM_2764

Also, this next picture is one I bought as a normal and as she grew I noticed some orange coloring on her tail. She also looks like she has some bands. Will this orange color pass on if I breed her? And will these bands she has fade? She's almost a year old.

Silver eyes with black veins? SAM_2825

ApathyOverdose

Status Status : No status yet...
LGF Points LGF Points : 67

Back to top Go down

Silver eyes with black veins? Empty Re: Silver eyes with black veins?

Post by Mardy Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:19 am

That's actually a normal looking eye, it's what normals are supposed to look like. I'm not sure what reverse stripe ghost is, but if you take a full body picture, I'm sure we can help you ID her.

As for the orange, your normal/high yellow has some carrot-tail influence. It's not enough to be considered carrot-tail, but carrot-tails are a linebred trait. It's possible for the small orange coloring to get passed down. But if you want to improve on the carrot-tail, you would have to breed her with a gecko with a lot more carrot-tail.
Mardy
Mardy
Valuable Member
Valuable Member

LGF Points LGF Points : 2105

http://www.onlinegeckos.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ApathyOverdose Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:56 am

Okay, here is a full body shot of her. I just assumed she was a ghost (pastel) because of how faded her coloring is. She's still a little underweight; when the guy gave her to me she was very emaciated. In the past month she has gained a good amount of weight but is still getting back into good health.
Silver eyes with black veins? SAM_2882

ApathyOverdose

Back to top Go down

Post by jessmonster Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:37 am

That's actually a normal looking eye, it's what normals are supposed to look like.
Mine has brown eyes though...
jessmonster
jessmonster
Loyal Member

Status Status : Hello!
LGF Points LGF Points : 374

Back to top Go down

Post by ApathyOverdose Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:01 pm

So does my normal.

ApathyOverdose

Back to top Go down

Post by Kermit Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:05 pm

Here is a great link with some awesome pictures and descriptions of different morphs. http://www.paulsagereptiles.com/LeopardGenetics.htm I think your leo is Hypomelanistic "Hypomelanistic, Super-Hypo & "Baldy" are terms used to describe the lack of dark pigment on non-albino Leopard Geckos. A Hypomelanistic Leopard Gecko displays a greatly reduced amount of dark pigment over its body, although some spots may be present. A Super-Hypo is essentially a Hypomelanistic that completely lacks any spots on its body. "Baldy" is a term used to describe Leopard Geckos that also lack the pigment spots on their heads, although most if not all "Baldies" are also Super-Hypos. All of these traits are regarded as polygenic or line-bred, and usually don't show up until the animal is maturing. Babies that exhibit spots or bands after hatching will loose those markings if they are a Hypo, Super-Hypo or "Baldy". Any idea on age?

I'm almost positive that pastel isn't a recognized leo morph color as it is in certain snake species but she is a really pretty leo with some amazing eyes and incredibly long back toes... they're so cute Smile
Kermit
Kermit
Forum Staff

Forum Staff

Status Status : Local Housing Authority :)
LGF Points LGF Points : 3307

http://www.RollOverRover.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ApathyOverdose Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:32 am

Kermit wrote:Any idea on age?

I'm almost positive that pastel isn't a recognized leo morph color as it is in certain snake species but she is a really pretty leo with some amazing eyes and incredibly long back toes... they're so cute Smile

Thank you! I saw several examples of the ghost/pastel geckos, that have a faded pigment almost like they are always about to shed. She looks like them so, that's just what I guessed! I don't really have much of an idea about her age, the guy that gave her to me only said that she was over a year old. He didn't really know anything about geckos, he only got them for someone else who ended up not buying them and he had to get rid of them.

ApathyOverdose

Back to top Go down

Post by ApathyOverdose Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:35 pm

Wow, thank you so much for this info! I will save this to my favs for sure, for future reference. So you think she may get some color back? I looked at the red stripe and while the way the stripe looks it is the same but the color is so different. And what about her gives away the hets? Just so I know what to look for in future geckos! After a vet check and she gets back to full health I'd like to breed her. What geckos would be a good mate for her?

ApathyOverdose

Back to top Go down

Post by breeziewylie Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:59 pm

Wooow! Super cool! I'm trying to figure out what mine is... He's yellow with brown/maroon spots - no obvious pattern... irregular spots.. Some tangerine coloring around some of the brown spots on the tail.. I guess I better post a picture but have to figure out how to Smile

breeziewylie

LGF Points LGF Points : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down