Leopard Gecko Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 Leos need an ID please :) **New eye pics added**

+2
Kodieh
mashcroft
6 posters

Go down

3 Leos need an ID please :) **New eye pics added** Empty 3 Leos need an ID please :) **New eye pics added**

Post by mashcroft Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:15 am

I have three leos that I wanted to get/confirm ID on please. I've taken a few pictures of each and tried to include an eye shot, but they didn't always work with me on those.

This first one I'm unsure of, was hoping it's a mack snow. She's around 33 grams.

3 Leos need an ID please :) **New eye pics added** Female12

3 Leos need an ID please :) **New eye pics added** Female13

3 Leos need an ID please :) **New eye pics added** Female14

The second one is a female around 30 grams.

3 Leos need an ID please :) **New eye pics added** Female15
3 Leos need an ID please :) **New eye pics added** Female16
3 Leos need an ID please :) **New eye pics added** Female17

The third is a male around 33 grams. As you can see, he is in shed. The area on his tail has already shed and that more representative of his true color.

3 Leos need an ID please :) **New eye pics added** Male_p10
3 Leos need an ID please :) **New eye pics added** Male_p11
3 Leos need an ID please :) **New eye pics added** Male_p12

Thanks in advance, I appreciate any help on these.

Last edited by mashcroft on Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

mashcroft

Status Status : No status yet...
LGF Points LGF Points : 26

Back to top Go down

3 Leos need an ID please :) **New eye pics added** Empty Re: 3 Leos need an ID please :) **New eye pics added**

Post by Kodieh Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:30 am

Normal
Hybino? I think that's what it is.
Normal.

Smile
Kodieh
Kodieh
Forum Staff

Forum Staff

Status Status : College is hard. :(
LGF Points LGF Points : 1943

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1659492989

Back to top Go down

3 Leos need an ID please :) **New eye pics added** Empty Re: 3 Leos need an ID please :) **New eye pics added**

Post by mashcroft Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:38 am

The first one I got from a pet store so I'm uncertain about that one. But the second one was supposed to be a Leucistic, which I thought was another name for patternless?? The third one was supposed to be an albino, I thought it looked like a bell albino, but was unsure.

mashcroft

Back to top Go down

Post by Kodieh Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:43 am

The second could be a Murphy's patternless. The third however, I haven't seen an Albino with the startings of a carrot tail.
Kodieh
Kodieh
Forum Staff

Forum Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by mashcroft Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:52 am

Kodieh wrote:The second could be a Murphy's patternless. The third however, I haven't seen an Albino with the startings of a carrot tail.

If you're talking about what looks like orange in that last picture, it's really more of a yellow, it just looks kinda orange in that pic for some reason. Now the patternless gecko definitely has a little bit of orange on it's tail as you can see in the photo.

mashcroft

Back to top Go down

Post by mashcroft Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:06 pm

Actually, I went back and looked at him again and you're right, there are a few specs of orange on his tail.

So does that mean that the vendor sold me this one incorrectly, or is it possible that it's a Bell Albino?

Also, on the first one, is it possible that it's a Mack Snow? I've read that you can't tell for sure unless you see it as a baby or if it produces one.

mashcroft

Back to top Go down

Post by Kodieh Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:54 am

Yes, I believe that that was sold to you incorrectly described. As for the first, like you said, you need to see it 2-4 weeks old or if you can prove it out via breeding. So, because of that, it is a nice normal for now. Smile
Kodieh
Kodieh
Forum Staff

Forum Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by mashcroft Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:21 am

Thanks, I'll wait until the male finishes his shed and I'll post some more pictures of him and try to get a better eye shot of him.

mashcroft

Back to top Go down

Post by gman Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:31 am

the 1st looks normal to me the 2nd looks like a murphy patterless an the 3rd looks like it has tremper albino in it as the eye shot isnt that clear i wouldnt like to say for defo im sure some else will confirm for defo wot it is with a clearer eye shot
gman
gman

LGF Points LGF Points : 174

Back to top Go down

Post by Badasprog Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:39 am

Your second one looks like mine which is a patternless sunglow mine is really yellow not orange, i doubt they are the same just hope it helps Smile.
Badasprog
Badasprog

Status Status : :D
LGF Points LGF Points : 171

http://www.teammarshall.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kodieh Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:03 am

gman wrote:the 1st looks normal to me the 2nd looks like a murphy patterless an the 3rd looks like it has tremper albino in it as the eye shot isnt that clear i wouldnt like to say for defo im sure some else will confirm for defo wot it is with a clearer eye shot

To me, the eye looks a lot like tremper. But the orange on the tail says different. I guess they call that a paradox, lol.
Kodieh
Kodieh
Forum Staff

Forum Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Kermit Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:44 am

My morphology sux, hopefully jordan chimes in.
Kermit
Kermit
Forum Staff

Forum Staff

Status Status : Local Housing Authority :)
LGF Points LGF Points : 3307

http://www.RollOverRover.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mashcroft Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:06 pm

Here are two up close picture of the male's eye. To me it looks like the eye of a Bell Albino, but I can't find a good picture of an eye of a Tremper Albino to compare it to.

3 Leos need an ID please :) **New eye pics added** Male_e10
3 Leos need an ID please :) **New eye pics added** Male_e11

mashcroft

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:02 pm

Kodie, I think your getting confused. There's nothing wrong with some orange on an albino's tail? lol
*cough*sunglow*cough*
*cough*raptor*cough*
Razz haha

Anyway, first one is a Mack Snow.
Oh god I'm gonna get jumped on for this, I know I say don't assume, but believe me it just is. lol.

Second one is yeah a Murphy Patternless.

And third one is a Bell Albino judging by the latest eye pics. Which are great shots by the way!
Jordan
Jordan
Forum Staff

Status Status : The review team rocks!
LGF Points LGF Points : 1923

http://supermorphleos.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mashcroft Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:48 am

Thanks Jordan! Smile

Yeah, those two eye shots were two of about 50 that were taken, lol.

mashcroft

Back to top Go down

Post by Kodieh Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:15 am

Jordan wrote:Kodie, I think your getting confused. There's nothing wrong with some orange on an albino's tail? lol
*cough*sunglow*cough*
*cough*raptor*cough*
Razz haha

Anyway, first one is a Mack Snow.
Oh god I'm gonna get jumped on for this, I know I say don't assume, but believe me it just is. lol.

Second one is yeah a Murphy Patternless.

And third one is a Bell Albino judging by the latest eye pics. Which are great shots by the way!

Yeah, but I don't think of sunglow's and raptor specifically as albinos. xD
Kodieh
Kodieh
Forum Staff

Forum Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down