Leopard Gecko Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question regarding my new Leopard

2 posters

Go down

Question regarding my new Leopard Empty Question regarding my new Leopard

Post by Lisa Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:37 pm

I would like for my little boy to be able to hold the gecko but my question is do they bite my son is only 7 years old and just loves lizards and of course he would only hold him under supervision, but neither me nor my husband have even owned lizards before.
Lisa
Lisa

Status Status : No status yet...
LGF Points LGF Points : 40

Back to top Go down

Question regarding my new Leopard Empty Re: Question regarding my new Leopard

Post by Kermit Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:44 pm

Any animal can and will bite if it feels threatened enough, leos being prey creatures would sooner flight than fight but if they feel trapped they could bite. I've only been bitten by eros once after a serious stuck shed removal process. He was done and I pushed my luck. He bit my thumb, didn't hurt as much as it surprised me, but juvies may be quicker to bite. My son is also 7, and he is only allowed to "handle" eros if he's sitting with me on the couch, its not really a holding kind of pet as they tend to squeeze a bit hard, its more of a sit down and let it walk on me kinda herp. Tredding (where you walk it from one hand to the other and keep moving your hands so its always walking on one hand to the other) is ok but juvies are fast as heck and are sketchy so its a gamble. Drop it and they're gone. Also I wouldn't suggest holding them for about a week, they need time to settle in and destress from the move.
Kermit
Kermit
Forum Staff

Forum Staff

Status Status : Local Housing Authority :)
LGF Points LGF Points : 3307

http://www.RollOverRover.webs.com

Back to top Go down