Leopard Gecko Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New To Leo Care Do Offer Advise

2 posters

Go down

New To Leo Care Do Offer Advise Empty New To Leo Care Do Offer Advise

Post by downunder83 Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:32 am

Dear forummers...

i live in singapore and recently wuz over @ my cousin's place... recently he acquired a leopard gecko as a pet and i wuz really intrigued and instantaneously fell in loved wif it... am intending of getting a pair myself... preferably a male and female... i've read up some info on leo care and all... but am juz curious if they would thrive in warm tropical climate...

if i were 2 keep them they'd probably be in my room... windows usually closed and not really exposed 2 sunlight... am intending 2 get a 2 ft by 1 ft tank 2 house them... the only bedding that the local pet stores offer here are stuff like wood shavings, corn cobs or that fluffy cotton like stuff u find 4 hamsters... would these be good bedding 4 the habitat?

would anybody care 2 advise on wad would be a suitable habitat 2 create 4 them... i've not acquired them as yet as i wanna learn more and rear them 2 my best abilities... am an avid animal lover... so any advise would greatly help... looking 4ward 2 hear great stuff from u guys...

cheers
Shawn

downunder83

Status Status : No status yet...
LGF Points LGF Points : 5

Back to top Go down

New To Leo Care Do Offer Advise Empty Re: New To Leo Care Do Offer Advise

Post by Kermit Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:38 am

Welcome to the forum Smile best advice I can offer is to read the sticky in the housing section on setting up the perfect leo habitat http://www.leopardgeckoforum.com/t166-proper-housing-for-leopard-geckos if you have any more questions after that feel free to ask. I imagine your biggest problem being in singapore won't be keeping your leo warm enough but providing the temperature gradient they need to thermoregulate. There should be atleast a 10 degree difference between the hot side and cold side of their viv, but you could always use a frozen bottle of water on the cool side to help cool it down.
Kermit
Kermit
Forum Staff

Forum Staff

Status Status : Local Housing Authority :)
LGF Points LGF Points : 3307

http://www.RollOverRover.webs.com

Back to top Go down