Leopard Gecko Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

concern about leopard gecko breathing

3 posters

Go down

concern about leopard gecko breathing Empty concern about leopard gecko breathing

Post by star55 Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:37 pm

Hey guys I need some info on what's going on with my leo breathing. I've noticed that when my leo breathes after every breathe she takes it basically looks like when someone hiccups. What does this mean why is she doing this?

star55

LGF Points LGF Points : 52

Back to top Go down

concern about leopard gecko breathing Empty Re: concern about leopard gecko breathing

Post by Mystic Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:35 am

im sorry no one answered you i just found this question while looking for a old post. i havnt ever heard of one doing that, and it doesn't seem right and you should probably take your leo to the vet. Sad
Mystic
Mystic
Loyal Member

Status Status : Taming my leo
LGF Points LGF Points : 1105

http://mysticgaia.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

concern about leopard gecko breathing Empty Re: concern about leopard gecko breathing

Post by Tsuhei Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:12 pm

Are you sure she isn't clicking at you? If it sounds like a clicking noise and kind of bucks her head back a teeny bit, it means she doesn't like whatever you're doing. Razz Hopefully that's the case...if not, I hope you can figure out what's wrong with your leo. Sad
Tsuhei
Tsuhei
Review Staff

Status Status : His name is Typhon!!
LGF Points LGF Points : 1733

Back to top Go down

Post by star55 Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:48 pm

thanks for the replies guys...im pretty sure what you just explained is exactly what she is doing but thats great info now i know what that means thanks alot!

star55

Back to top Go down

Post by Mystic Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:03 am

way to go tsuhei! im glad you were able to help her more then i did, it would have been annoying to have taken the leo to the vet over clicking >.<
Mystic
Mystic
Loyal Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tsuhei Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:22 am

Knowing some vets nowadays they would have stuck it on an antibiotic regimen anyway, even if they knew it was just a behavioral thing. >.< And you bumped this topic up and it caught my attention. Smile It would have been terrible to not have answered something so simple.
Tsuhei
Tsuhei
Review Staff

Status Status : His name is Typhon!!
LGF Points LGF Points : 1733

Back to top Go down

Post by Mystic Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:54 am

i know i was surprised that no one had answered it yet, so i figured even if i didn't know what was wrong i should say something so others would see the topic as well. i think i will try and make a habit of looking for threads with no comments so that peoples questions wont go unanswered.
Mystic
Mystic
Loyal Member

Back to top Go down

Post by star55 Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:17 pm

thank you so much guys i appreciate the help im glad i found out it was only behavioral actions and nothing i have to worry about and taking it to the vet Very Happy

star55

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down