Leopard Gecko Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Update On Dave

+2
xXGeckoGalXx
samsleopardgeckos
6 posters

Go down

Update On Dave  Empty Update On Dave

Post by samsleopardgeckos Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:25 am

Well Dave is still alive but is struggling to eat & drink on his own. He has now developed a sore patch on one side of his top lip, what appears to be blisters on his back legs and some sore patches under one back leg. So took him back to see the vet earlier and he's now put Dave onto some anti-biotics (baytril) 0.07ml of diluted baytril to be given once a day and he'll have a check up in 7/10days (fingers crossed this will help clear up his symtoms)

Anyway here's some pics, here's the one of his face ~ [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Now left back leg open blister ~ [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

And last pic is of the right back leg blister ~ [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Will try to get some better pics tomorrow and a pic of the sore patch under his leg that i couldn't get earlyier.
samsleopardgeckos
samsleopardgeckos
Forum Staff

Status Status : Trying to tame the Iggy-Pop :)
LGF Points LGF Points : 2764

Back to top Go down

Update On Dave  Empty Re: Update On Dave

Post by xXGeckoGalXx Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:45 am

Poor laddy, hope all goes well.

Do you know whats causing it?
xXGeckoGalXx
xXGeckoGalXx
Loyal Member

Status Status : Looking around the forum, feeling bad that I haven't posted in awhile.
LGF Points LGF Points : 274

Back to top Go down

Post by samsleopardgeckos Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:57 am

Thanks hun x

Unfortunately we have yet to find the cause of whats going on with Dave & what killed Stumpy, but we are doing everything we can to try to find out without stressing Dave out to much, unfortunately tho blood tests aren't really a option as they would need to remove half his blood 0.5ml which would prob kill Dave in the state he's currently in.
samsleopardgeckos
samsleopardgeckos
Forum Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by gothicgurrrl Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:28 am

awww Sad poor dave. I hope he gets well soon

*huggggs sam*
gothicgurrrl
gothicgurrrl
Forum Staff

LGF Points LGF Points : 6090

http://sbf-lionheads.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kathstew Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:32 am

*hugs*

I'm glad he's still hanging in there! I hope he makes a full recovery soon. Good luck Dave!
kathstew
kathstew
Review Staff

Status Status : First eggs have been laid!
LGF Points LGF Points : 3101

Back to top Go down

Post by joneill Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:27 pm

Oh no, so sorry to hear that. Hope Dave can pull thru with the help of the meds. Keeping fingers & toes crossed.
joneill
joneill
Loyal Member

Status Status : Loving my panther cham - he is the cutest & smallest lizard I have ever seen!
LGF Points LGF Points : 1256

Back to top Go down

Post by samsleopardgeckos Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:34 pm

Thanks Sarah, Kathryn & Jenni Smile

Got some more pics of the blisters/sore patches in better light. Dave was a bit more lively this morning and didn't squeek at me today when i touched him and he didn't run away either when i tryied to pick him up but he did shake his head after i gave him the baytril so now my laptop is sticky lol but he did have a good drink of water after Smile

Inside of back leg, you can just see in the middle of the purple circle there's a red dot which is a small sore patch ~ [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Infront of left back leg theres a new patch of blister skin ~ [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

A over view of both back legs blister patches ~ [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Open blister on left back leg ~ [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

And last of all his cute little face with sunken eyes & sore lip ~ [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
samsleopardgeckos
samsleopardgeckos
Forum Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by samsleopardgeckos Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:00 pm

Just thought i'd give a picture update on Dave to show the anti-biotics had started to help his skin heal & he still couldn't shed it and his eye's had sunken in more through the dehydration so I called the vets and took him in last night as soon as gary got in from work.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Unfortunately since I took these pics yesterday morning Dave has since died, while he was at the vets he did the same as Stumpy, started to play dead and shut down his own heart Sad so this time the vet has taken blood and sections of every organ to send to the lab today to try to find out what happened and if it can be treated or prevented from happening to my 1remaining girl Blaze. Fingers crossed i'll have some answers to share with everyone by this time next week.

R.I.P Baby Dave I love you
samsleopardgeckos
samsleopardgeckos
Forum Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by gothicgurrrl Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:19 am

awwww Sad im so sorry to hear about Dave.
I hope you are okay Sad hugggggs
You are an awesome owner and you did all you could to help him Smile He had an awesome life with you!
gothicgurrrl
gothicgurrrl
Forum Staff

LGF Points LGF Points : 6090

http://sbf-lionheads.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kermit Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:44 pm

Aw sam... so so so sorry hon... you've tried so hard to get your babies better I don't know how you don't lose hope... I'd be crushed. You are such a strong loving person. There's a special place in heaven for people like you hon. Sending good vibes for you and blaze... I hope your vet can get some answers for yu after all this disappointment.
Kermit
Kermit
Forum Staff

Forum Staff

Status Status : Local Housing Authority :)
LGF Points LGF Points : 3307

http://www.RollOverRover.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by samsleopardgeckos Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:44 pm

Thanks Sarah x

Thanks Kel x, I do get crushed but I guess i dont loss hope cos I still have 33reptiles to care for when I get home. The only problem I have is today when I take Iggy for her post opp check I got to collect Dave's tub/home as thats what he was in at the vets when he died Sad And as soon as I get Dave's lab/test results i'll post them on hear for everyone to see x
samsleopardgeckos
samsleopardgeckos
Forum Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by kathstew Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:06 am

I'm sorry Sam Sad

I have a question, it may be kinda weird. Do you know the water quality of your water?
I condition my water before misting my tanks. I mostly do this for my frog as he absorbs everything through his skin, but I do it for my crestie as well. Conditioning the water removes the metals and chlorine from the water.

Could any metals, or chlorine in the water be causing these problems? I don't know if cresties absorb stuff through their skin like frogs, but maybe look into that? Maybe its like a chemical burn?

Good luck, I hope you figure this out!
kathstew
kathstew
Review Staff

Status Status : First eggs have been laid!
LGF Points LGF Points : 3101

Back to top Go down

Post by samsleopardgeckos Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:45 am

Thanks Kathryn x

water quality here is quite a hard water area, but i'll be going to the vets today with Iggy so will ask if its possible that the water caused these problems as i dont condition water. Thanks for bring that up x
samsleopardgeckos
samsleopardgeckos
Forum Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by joneill Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:16 pm

Aaaahhh no! What awful news. Really sorry Sam. There has to be some explanation to what caused this and I hope that you can find out what.
joneill
joneill
Loyal Member

Status Status : Loving my panther cham - he is the cutest & smallest lizard I have ever seen!
LGF Points LGF Points : 1256

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down