Leopard Gecko Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Athena is affraid of crickets?

3 posters

Go down

Athena is affraid of crickets? Empty Athena is affraid of crickets?

Post by Maggie118 Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:18 pm

So I got a few crickets for free at Petsmart with my purchase of 100 supers and I thought "Oh yeah she'll eat them all in one sitting, I'll take em". But I offered her one and she freaked! Shocked Why do you think she's so terrified of them? And is there any way I can make them more appetizing because I still have them, lol.
Maggie118
Maggie118

Status Status : Odie is a girl! HER new name is Athena (:
LGF Points LGF Points : 349

Back to top Go down

Athena is affraid of crickets? Empty Re: Athena is affraid of crickets?

Post by Mardy Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:54 pm

Try pulling their hind legs out so they don't run as fast or jump around. That can sometimes freak lil geckos out. But I've seen geckos turn away from crickets when they've had a traumatic experience with them. One of my geckos got bite by one while she had it by the tail end. She refused crickets for a couple of weeks. After awhile though she started eating them again no problem.

So try pulling the hind legs to see if that helps. Also if you are hand feeding them by dangling the cricket with tongs, geckos dislike the antennas and shy away from them. So try tail first rather than head first. That's if you are hand feeding.

Good luck Smile
Mardy
Mardy
Valuable Member
Valuable Member

LGF Points LGF Points : 2105

http://www.onlinegeckos.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Russiazoogirl Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:07 pm

Gut load the crickets, put them in the freezer for a few hours defrost and feed. This may be more appetizing for lizard. Mine doesn't like to catch crickets but she loves them defrosted.

Russiazoogirl

Status Status : No status yet...
LGF Points LGF Points : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down