Leopard Gecko Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

playing with food

3 posters

Go down

playing with food Empty playing with food

Post by Mystic Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:36 pm

so because my petstore were i live is being tarded i have to wait until Tuesday to be able to get some more super worms (i went in 2 weeks ago and they took out this 10 gallon tank with wood pellets in the bottom and a whole bunch of dead black supers in it. they guy had to search to be able to find me just 20 and 3 of them died when i got home, they had no food or water in with them) anyways needless to say i wrote them on facebook and gave them "tips" on how to keep them alive, (you know like having food and water in with them *roles eyes* ) so today i tried feeding charm a medium sized dubia, i wasn't sure if it might be to big for her, it looks almost like the size between her eyes...>.> but i dusted it, and then took out all of charms hides, then placed the dubia in her tank. it was great to see her run around chasing the dubia every were, it would stop and she would lick it or nudge its legs but i think even she was like..... i don't think i can swallow that.... >.> so i took it out and tried giving her some tiny ones and she didn't want those, so i tried my last 2 supers and she didn't want those either... so i guess she wasn't that hungry or she used all her energy chasing it down lol but either way it was fun to see her chase it around and have some fun. at the end the dubia had clung to the paper towel and when i took it off it just laid on its back like it was dead lol XD i felt kind of bad haha but he was fine once i put him in his bin. i think tomorrow im going to go get some crickets for her to see if she would like those as a treat.
Mystic
Mystic
Loyal Member

Status Status : Taming my leo
LGF Points LGF Points : 1105

http://mysticgaia.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

playing with food Empty Re: playing with food

Post by James Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:51 pm

I've now buy my live food of the internet as the quality of live food in the pet stores around where I live was extremely bad. Smile
James
James
Loyal Member

Status Status : Wants a ferret :)
LGF Points LGF Points : 656

Back to top Go down

Post by Mystic Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:56 pm

im trying to breed my own. i only have 4 super worm Beatles so far tho lol i hope to order some silk worms from the net tho.
Mystic
Mystic
Loyal Member

Back to top Go down

Post by James Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:23 pm

I thought about breed my own live food but as I only have one leo at the moment im not going to, but I plan to get some more leos early next year (if my parents allow me to). Smile
James
James
Loyal Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mystic Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:44 pm

haha i know how that is, i am amlost 25 and because of my health and how the economy is, my husband and i live with my sister and she wont let me have any more pets.
Mystic
Mystic
Loyal Member

Back to top Go down

Post by James Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:58 pm

I have got my parents to let me get some chickens ( I love chickens for some reason lol) and one leo so I am hoping I can work on getting two more leos next year Smile
James
James
Loyal Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mystic Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:04 pm

thats awesome chickens can be awesome to if you raise them right, i had pet ducks at one time and they were wonderful. right now i have a little Pomeranian, 2 ferrets, and one leo ^_^
Mystic
Mystic
Loyal Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mardy Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:31 pm

Crickets should be a hit with your gecko, mine love them every other week when I get crickets as treats playing with food 131791
Mardy
Mardy
Valuable Member
Valuable Member

LGF Points LGF Points : 2105

http://www.onlinegeckos.com

Back to top Go down

Post by James Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:15 am

I dont have crickets in the house as i used to find escapes everywhere lol Smile
James
James
Loyal Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down