Leopard Gecko Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bene-Bac for Birds and Reptiles by PetAg

4 posters

Go down

Bene-Bac for Birds and Reptiles  by PetAg  Empty Bene-Bac for Birds and Reptiles by PetAg

Post by Sandy_Bear Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:11 am

Type of Product you're reviewing (under tank heater, lights etc):
Pro-biotic

Manufacturer of the product you are reviewing:
Pet Ag

Bar code on product packaging or serial number on product (if you have it):

20279 99559

Insert a picture(s) of the product you are reviewing here:
I don't have a picture of the product, but this is the companies web site:
Bene-Bac by PetAg

How long have you been using this product (originally purchased when)?:
I have been using this product for 2 years now.

Did you purchase this product New or Used?
New. It also has an expiry date, so be sure to check that on the back of the package before you buy it. Fresh stuff should be good for a year to a year and a half. I usually buy the package of gel tubes, and it cost about $6.00.

Where did you purchase this product (ebay, retail store, swap shop etc.):
The pet shop I usually go to was able to special order this in for me. You can also buy it online.

Was it recommended to you by a sales clerk or secondary party (friend, relative, another herper, etc.)?
Another herper recommended it to me.

Describe your experience with this product:
This product is amazing. I highly recommend it as a must have in everyones Pet First Aid Kits.
It comes in two forms, a powder and a gel. I prefer the gel, and I apply it to the back of a cricket, kind of like how you put toothpaste on a toothbrush, and I usually hand/tong feed the cricket to the sick/new animal.
The powder is a better price for your money, but it has a harder time sticking to the prey animals, so you have to mist the crickets with a bit of water and shake-and-bake them with the Bene-Bac Powder.
I bought a tree frog a couple of years ago, and she was very sick with parasites, she had 2 different kinds. I bought her to the vet a couple of times, I had fecal tests done, and she was on Panacur and Flagyl, which I had to inject in her feeders and somehow make this frog with no appetite eat. After all that, she still wasn't pooing right. I brought her back to the vet and insisted that the frog was still sick and that she must not have prescribed me enough drugs to fix the problem. She did another fecal test and insisted that the problem was gone and there was nothing else she could do for my frog.
I explained my problem to the members on one of the frog forums I'm on, and a very wonderful person suggested
that I try Bene Bac for Birds and Reptiles. He said that he has used it on his frogs before and it was safe to use. So, I called the pet shop that I normally go to, and they were able to order some up for me.
After one dose of this stuff, she was poopin' turds!

I give this product to all my new critters now, it helps them if they are new stressed from shipping or if they are recovering from parasite infections. It is also a hard to overdose type product, so you don't have to be worried about getting the measurements exactly right.
This company also makes this product for small mammals (hampster, rats, etc...), they make it for cats, for dogs, and all sorts of other animals too.
It worked very well on our pet cats after we adopted them from the shelter. They were very nervous and had upset tummies/diarrhea.

Would you recommend this product to another herper?
Absolutely!

If this product failed you, has the company/manufacturer been notified?
Only once did this happen, I special ordered in 4 new packages of the stuff, and they all came in expired. Not just expired yesterday, but it was a couple of months expired. The pet shop contacted their supplier, and it turns out that their whole shipment of this product was expired. It took an extra 2 weeks or so for them to get fresh product in, and then I was sent the new fresh product too.
I wasn't desperate for this stuff, I just had some new pets in quarantine that I wanted to dose before they could go in their enclosures.

If so have they offered any remedy for your complaint?
Yes, I was sent new product that wasn't expired.

If this product performed above and beyond your expectations please explain here:
It saved my tree frog, "Norbert". I though she was a gonner for sure, as my vet at the time was completely useless. I still have her today, and she is a fat ravenous Whites Tree Frog. We have a new vet now too and we are very happy with them, so it all worked out in the end.

Additional comments:

I give this product 5 stars! I love it and think everyone else should have this in their pet first aid kits too! Bene-Bac for Birds and Reptiles  by PetAg  131791

Last edited by Sandy_Bear on Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:34 am; edited 2 times in total
Sandy_Bear
Sandy_Bear

Status Status : No status yet...
LGF Points LGF Points : 110

Back to top Go down

Bene-Bac for Birds and Reptiles  by PetAg  Empty Re: Bene-Bac for Birds and Reptiles by PetAg

Post by gothicgurrrl Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:30 am

wow Very Happy amazing review Very Happy
this stuff sounds great!
gothicgurrrl
gothicgurrrl
Forum Staff

LGF Points LGF Points : 6090

http://sbf-lionheads.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Bene-Bac for Birds and Reptiles  by PetAg  Empty Re: Bene-Bac for Birds and Reptiles by PetAg

Post by Kodieh Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:58 am

Thanks for the review! I encourage you to post more as you please!
Kodieh
Kodieh
Forum Staff

Forum Staff

Status Status : College is hard. :(
LGF Points LGF Points : 1943

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1659492989

Back to top Go down

Post by Kermit Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:42 pm

This needs to be moved to the review section. Good review Smile

Kermit
Kermit
Forum Staff

Forum Staff

Status Status : Local Housing Authority :)
LGF Points LGF Points : 3307

http://www.RollOverRover.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down